-The Front Desk-

[Sunday...]

As her session was about to conclude, she puts her gun down and the ear muffs. Yae was in the shooting range, after that incident with that creepy smiling man, she's been eager to learn how to defend herself.

She packs her bags then leaves the establishment, continuing her new normal routine. After shooting targets, she's gonna go to her karate and judo class.

The world of self defense was fairly new to her. She didn't see the need for it to be a priority, since everything in her life has been going well.

She's being considered for the manager position at the hotel. Her part time job pays well, enough to put food on her table.

Living an independent life was going so much better than she anticipated when she moved out her parent's house.

It was a mistake having such mindset. Life is unpredictable, you don't know when it will all start to go downhill.

Brushing those thoughts out of her head, she went to the dojo for her training...

[Later that night...]

She has to go home now, her dog must be missing her so much. She's been taking care of that puppy on her own, thanks for that automatic feeding bowl, he'll never go hungry while she's away.

As she walks down the dimly lit street, she felt like someone was following her. Yeah.. she can hear it too.

The footsteps. Following the pace of her own.

When she walked faster, the steps got louder. She started running, the person followed close behind.

Then suddenly, the person's hand grabs her wrist. Panicking, she tried to pull away, but the grip was tight.

This hooded figure takes a knife out of its pocket then points it at her.

"Give me the fucking bag" The person said

No matter how much you train in self defense, fear will always be there when you're actually confronting what you trained for.

The knife was pointed directly at her neck, she struggled. She's so scared that she can't even scream, as if her body was an inanimate object.

Out of nowhere this guy comes out, slamming his hand on the hooded person's wrist, making it let go of the knife.

She fell to the ground with weak knees, crying in fear.

The guy slams the hooded man on the ground, then knocks him out with a punch to the face.

This guy stands up, pulling the unconscious body to the dark alley, then goes back to check on Yae who was still on the ground.

"Are you alright?" The guy asked Yae

"Get away...please" She said with such a defeated and pitiful tone of voice