0.3

"That's the thing about pain,
It demands to be felt."

~ John Green, The Fault In Our Stars.

Chapter 3 ~

It's been about two weeks since my friends went missing... And it's also been two weeks since I'd last seen Luke or even heard from him.

My family and I have been waiting patiently for a phone call saying that they've found my friends. But as of right now, I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

It's been all over the news. The news reporters have been asking if anyone knows where my friends are or have even seen them wandering around, and if so, then to call the police. But no one has called... from what I've been told.

There's also a community search party out looking for them. There has been flyers put all around the town in hopes that someone will call, but still no one has.

I'm getting worried more and more as each day passes.

I've quit eating because of how nervous I am. I'm nervous because I don't know where my friends are, or how they could just disappear into thin air.

I've also been sleeping a lot lately, not doing anything. Just staying in bed for half the day until I feel like getting up. Sometimes I don't get out of bed at all.

My mom became worried when everyday I'd tell her I wasn't hungry. I've always been the one to eat. So, last week she took me to the doctor's office and they said that I was going through some depression, and that it's going to gradually get worse.

My mother bawled her eyes out when they diagnosed me with it. She's been asking me if I'm okay and making sure that my day turned out okay. And every time she'd ask, I'd say yes.

But the truth is, I'm not okay. I've lied to her, and it just only makes me feel worse as each day carries on.

But the saddest part of it all, was that my mom put a smile on her face when she talked to me. When she was with someone else her smile faded, but only slightly.

"Stacey, dear, how about you go to school today? Get your mind off of things for a while."

I felt the bed sink down slightly as my mom sat down next to where I was laying. Her hand rested on my shoulder, my back faced her.

"Stacey?"

I sighed, turning over to look at her. Her eyes had this tired look in them, and she looked as if she hadn't slept for days.

"Okay, Mom." I quietly spoke to her.

She lightly patted my shoulder and got up. As she walked out of the room, I heard her let out a sigh.

I rolled over onto my other side, stretching as I do.

Slowly getting out of bed, I went over to my dresser drawer and pulled out my pills that are needed for my depression. I grab my water bottle that's sat next to my bed, and swallow the pills.

I get dressed after taking a good and long shower. I decided on straightening my hair, but gave up when my hair when I accidentally burned myself. I guess a ponytail will do.

My mom made breakfast for me. Bacon, eggs, and biscuits with gravy. Eating something might make me feel better, but I don't eat much. Worry and nervousness takes over and it's just t ok much for me. After multiple times of saying that I was done eating, my mom finally gave in and let me go to school.

School is not my most favorite thing to attend. It's horrid. But at least when I still had my friends around, it wasn't that awful. Since my friends went missing, they're known as the Deadly 3. It's really such an immature name. I'm a Junior in school now, and honestly I can't wait for the day I graduate and get out of the hell hole.

Society is such an awful thing to be apart of, especially when part of the society that judges you the most goes to school with you. Michael and Calum have been filling me in on what's happening at school. Nothing much has happened, but the main part is that I have a new nickname.

Psychopath-Stacey.

That's just such a grand name, isn't it? It's got a ring to it, don't you think?

"Oh look! Psychopath-Stacey is finally back!"

That's Kimberly Boston. Or as my friends and I'd like to call her,  Queen Kimbo. She can be a bitch, but I'm not the one to use fowl language. (Mainly when it's just her involved).

I choose on ignoring her and the nickname, but it doesn't help that I feel eyes watching my every move. I adjusted my sweater and got my books from my locker. Not making eye contact with anyone as I walked the halls, I made my way straight to my Advanced Math class. And strangely, that's my favorite class.

"Stacey!" Ms. Newberg greeted me. "I heard about what happened. I've been telling everyone I know and I had went on that search for your friends, it's so sad that they had to stop the search though."

The wind in my lungs was suddenly gone. It felt as if someone had just came up to me, punched me in the stomach, and had no reason for it but it felt intended.

"What?" I felt the blood rushing from my face, my breaths became hyperventilating pants. I had the sudden urge to just scream and shout until I couldn't anymore.

____

Hi! Sorry for taking SO LONG to update, but if you read my author's note you'd know the reason for it. Also, I realize that this update is not as long as my other chapters, but I just felt like you guys deserved an update.

Thanks for being so patient with me, and in return for that I give you an update. :)

Until next time!

Hungergamesfanatic22