0.2

"Be careful who you open up to.
Only a few people actually care,
the rest are just curious."
~ Ernest Hemingway.

Chapter 2 ~

*Stacey's POV*

"Stacey Freeman," one of the police officers said, walking up to the cell that held me, Michael, Luke, Ashton, and Calum. In the other was cell were my parents, my friend's parents, Dylan, pretty much anybody that was closely associated with us and what happened last night. Even though it seems pointless having everyone, they're here.

I stand up as the guy unlocked the cell, and let me out. I followed him to one of the private rooms, which had the two-way mirror. There was a metal table in the middle of the room, with a lamp standing beside. A fat -and when i say 'fat', I mean 'FAT' - man sitting in one of the chairs, a woman (who was way smaller) sitting in the chair next to him.

"Ms. Freeman," the fat man said, folding his hands together. "Please tell us why you are here."

Is this guy serious? Is he really asking me this?

"I'm here because my three best friends are missing," I simply said.

"Exactly," he said. "So, tell us... What happened last night?"

"Nothing really, we just played a simple game. Nothing inappropriate. Just a game."

The woman that was sitting next to him, was writing down what I was saying. It made me uncomfortable.

"Any fighting occur?" He questioned.

"What do you exactly mean by fighting?" There was a thin line between yelling-fighting and fight-fighting. And only one of the two occurred a couple of times last night.

"Yelling that turned into a brawl or what?" He asked.

"There was yelling, but that's all that happened. We didn't let anything get to out of hand."

"Okay," he said, then leaned over to the lady that was writing down everything. "You'd get that?"

"Yeah," she nodded.

"Great." He then averted his attention back to me. "So, tell us what exactly happened before you went to sleep."

I sighed, shifting around in my seat so I was comfortable.

"Well, Jessica was telling us who she had previously kissed. And everyone was shocked that Luke was who she had previously kissed. But no one was as shocked as Michael-"

"Michael Clifford, right?" The man asked.

"Yes." The woman quickly wrote that down. "I wouldn't say he was mad, just jealous. But it was clear something was going on between all three of them, but I'm not sure how."

"Okay," he said, making out like he wanted me to proceed.

"That's all that happened before we went to bed."

"Anything else?" He questioned, trying to get what he could out of me.

"No," I said.

"You're sure?"

I was starting to get fed up with the questions. I understood that that was what he's supposed to do, but he was making me feel like I did it. But I didn't. Why would I do something like that to them? They meant everything to me, and now they're gone!

"Would you quit with the questions?" I asked, sitting up straight.

"It's just my job, miss. I've got to ask questions," he calmly said.

"Well, your 'job' is giving me a headache!"

I couldn't believe that I was actually yelling at a guy who could possibly say that I'm the person who did it. But I couldn't help it. I couldn't take the pressure anymore. I've never been good at being put under pressure. Never have, never will.

"You're making me feel like I did it! But I didn't!" I yelled. "Why would you think I did it? I loved them like they were my sisters!"

Now I was crying. I was so emotional, and at such an awful moment. I didn't want these people to see me in a vulnerable state. Things feel like they were falling apart, little by little.

"I'm not saying that you did it, I'm saying that you're a suspect and we need to know what happened." He was trying everything to get me to calm down, and stop crying.

I heavily breathed. "It's hard, you know?" He nodded. "Having your best friends disappear on your birthday, and not knowing where they are or if they're even okay. We need to find them. You guys really need to find them."

I was trying not cry, but thinking about it made me cry even harder. Being in this small room, made it harder to breathe.

"Take her to the break room so she can calm down a bit," the man said. I never caught his name, but I didn't care. All I cared about was getting out of that room.

A guard from the corner of the room, which I didn't even know that he was there, moved toward me and lead me out of the room to the break room.

He went to the fridge and pulled out two water bottles, handing one of them to me. I sat down at the table that was in the middle of the room, opening the bottle and taking a huge gulp of water.

"Are you okay?" The guard asked, almost scaring the living shit out of me. I didn't think he was going to speak.

"Yeah. I-I just couldn't stand the questions anymore," I quietly said.

"Why?"

"Again with the questions," I huff. "It's just... I'd rather be at home and waiting for a call from the police saying that they've found my friends, but instead I'm here being asked questions and feeling like I'm the one who did it. But I didn't!"

"Look, it's okay. Hopefully they'll find you're friends."

"I hope so. I don't know what I'd do without them if they're not found."

-

I was escorted back to my cell, by the same guy that took me out. His name is Jimmy. But I call him Jim. He has a wife and four kids, and has been a police officer for almost 5 years now. What? I can be a curious person at times.

By the time I got back in there, Luke was already gone.

"Did they call for Luke?" I asked Michael and Calum.

"No, his aunt bailed him out," Michael scoffed.

"What?" I asked. "Why would she do that?"

"I don't know, but he's getting it when I get out of here," he responded.

"What? What do you mean?" I questioned, but he wouldn't answer me. "Michael, what do you mean? What did Luke do, and why is he 'going to get it' ?"

"You know what he did," Michael mumbled, before they called his name.

I sat there, speechless. What did Luke do? Was it because his aunt bailed him out? Or what?

"Calum..." I said, scooting towards where he was sitting. "What was Michael talking about?"

"Do you not know?" Calum asked, and I shook my head. "Luke did it."

His voice became quiet. Like he didn't want anyone to here. In fact, I didn't want anyone to hear. I didn't want Luke to be blamed for this, because it wasn't him that did it. I know that. I've been his friend for years. He wouldn't just out of the blue go and kidnap my friends, or - I hate to even think about this - possibly have killed them. But I know him too well. He wouldn't have done something like this. It's not him. Not something that he'd do.

_________

I'm leaving it as that...
So, I wrote this chapter a few months ago, I haven't read back over it yet, so if it's shitty then it's shitty. There will be more updates, I just have to start writing them. Keep in mind this is only the second chapter, the ending of this chapter will be explained later on.