Chapter 17: The Wreck

Start from the beginning

"Hm?"

"I think I'm in love with you." He kept his head against mine. He had his eyes closed and he seemed so calm. I ran my hand through his messy hair and closed my eyes.

"You've said that before Jj." I felt bad for trying to force more out of him but I've never seen him so open before. All of this was so unlike him but I enjoyed it. My own side of Jj that no one else saw.

"I mean it. Not just a friendship way kie. Not like what I said at Kitty Hawk. I don't mean it like I did every other time." I could hear his heartbeat getting faster and faster. "I love you kie."

"I love you too Jj." I picked my head up and so did he allowing me to gaze into his eyes. I pressed my lips back on his enjoying the warmth once more. As the day went on we stayed at the restaurant not wanting leave. If I had to say the time I'd say midnight because I never opened my eyes to see the world. It felt like no time had gone by.

"Yo! Let us in!" I finally opened my eyes and turned to the front door where John B, Sarah, Pope and Cleo were all waiting. Jj briskly went over and flung open the door. "Jesus someone's in a mood." John B chuckled.

"Shut up. You just ruin things all the time." I grabbed the remote off the bar and turned the stereo off. The four of them sat down at a table with 2 empty seat for me and Jj.

"It's my duty!" John B saluted Jj who wasn't pleased. "Anyways as we all know JJ's dad is a psychopath and is trying to beat the shit out of all of us to give him money... we need to figure something out to get him out of here or to like tame him or something."

"He's not an animal John B." Pope said putting his shoes on the table which I pushed off.

"He sure as hell acts like one." John b replied while Jj rolled his eyes at him. "Plan. We need one."

"Why can't we just throw him onto a boat and send him off? He had to of came here in a boat so let's just find the boat and like force him on?" Pope leaned into the table and everyone stared at him. "What?"

"Pope he would have the keys." Sarah grabbed a napkin from one of the holders and then grabbed a pen from the jar by the register. "Okay so, what if Jj got him super drunk, like hammered and then we all tell him that the gold was taken by someone so then he'll think we don't have it anymore then we put him on his boat and he sails away again." Sarah stopped writing on the napkin.

"Yeah, yeah! Tell him that the government found out we had the gold and they took it because it was government property or something!" Jj grabbed the napkin and put it in the pocket of his shorts. "We just gotta find him now."

"I thought you two knew where he was?" Cleo grabbed Sarah's pen and put it back in the jar. "It's JJ's dad so I think he should find him."

"We ALL are finding him." Jj glared at everyone and began towards the door and he all trailed behind him. "He's probably at the bar or something. He's never far from it."

"Ay! Then we might not even have to get him drunk then!" Cleo happily shouted out. We all went over to the Twinkie leaving behind JJ's bike at The Wreck. Sarah and John be took the front like usual and Jj, Pope, Cleo and I all got into the back. John B knew what bar he hung out around the most so there was no need for directions. The van started up and drove down to where the bar was located.

When we got to the bar Luke was already stumbling around there corner of the building into the back. "Yo dad!" Jj called out to his dad who turned around in a drunken haze. "Perfect." Jj got out of the fan and the rest of us watched from the van. Jj knew his dad best so it was better off if we didn't try to help. We also didn't want to talk to Luke at all so we left that job for him.

As we watched Luke seemed to be agreeing with whatever Jj was saying. "You think it's working?" Pope leaned through the opening of the front two seats.

"Hopefully." I pulled Pope back so I could get a better look. We all stayed fixed on Jj and Luke talking. Finally Jj grabbed his dads arm and began leading him to the van. "Oh he coming in-"

Before anyone could tell him no he opened the side door and his dad hit his head before getting into the van. He pushed his dad in towards Pope who hurriedly moved away and Jj closed the door behind him. "Kind of thought he'd be coming back in a different car but alright."

"Look we just gotta drop him off at his boat and he said he'd leave." Jj looked over at his dad who was passed out on the floor of the van. I pushed his legs away from mine making more space available on the floor.

"He's just agreeing to leave? That makes no sense." John B started the van back up and drove out of the bars parking lot.

"I kind of told him that the gold was in Barbados and we didn't have it anymore." Jj said.

"So you're leading him on a fake treasure hunt for gold?" Pope asked. Jj rubbed the temples of his head and sighed.

"Yes, but it's the only way we can get him out right now because if he was sober he wouldn't leave." He looked down at his dad who was still passed out. "Just hurry up John B so he can get out of here."

John B drove by each possible dock Luke could've left the boat he arrived in Obx in. The boat was eventually found not far from the bar. The van stopped and we all took one limb of Lukes and carried him out and onto the boat since he wouldn't wake up. "Looks like we dragging a body." Cleo huffed while walking backwards towards the boat.

"Yeah we should probably hurry up if we don't want someone calling shoupe and John B getting put on trial for murder again." Jj stepped into the boat and letting his dads back fall into the boat.

"Jesus man don't kill him." Cleo lightly let down Luke's body and pushed him farther into the middle of the boat. "Hopefully he won't fall out in the water."

"He won't." Sarah went inside the boat and came back out with a notepad and paper. She began scribbling something on the paper and tore out a page. "Here. I'll shove this in his shirt so when he wakes up he knows.... His mission?"

"I guess this is it?" I kicked Luke's foot to see if he would wake up which he didn't. Jj got down on his knees and rolled his dad to the side so he wouldn't choke. "Should we untie it?"

Jj took in a deep inhale and sniffed while swiping his nose. "Uh, yeah." We got off the boat and Jj began setting off the boat.

"This feels like a funeral." Pope said while we all watched the body slowly drift out into the middle of the water. "You think he'll wake up soon?"

"Yeah. Probably." John B patted JJ's shoulders. "Alright buddy let's go." Everyone but me and Jj walked back down the dock and towards the Twinkie.

"Jayj? You okay?" His head was hung low and I moved closer to him. "Jayj?"

He lifted his head and small tears has formed in the corners of his eyes. "Yeah. I'm good." He began walking back to the Twinkie and I followed behind him. I knew him having to send his dad off again was hard but I hope that some day he wouldn't care so much about his dad. His dad didn't deserve the son he was given. No matter how much Luke put him through he still would do anything for him.