Chapter 17: The Wreck

I unlocked the door to The Wreck and walked in. Jj pushed past me and walked behind the bar. "Rude." I jokingly said and he chuckled. He pulled a joint out of his pocket and placed it between in lips. He pulled a lighter out of his pocket and and lit it. He took a draw from the joint and inhaled before blowing the smoke out after.

I walked up to the bar and leaned over to him holding my hand out to him. He passed it to me and I took a draw from it. "I thought you stopped smoking weed?"

I blew the smoke out and smirked. "I never said I stopped. I took a break to clear my head for a while but never stopped." He smirked and I passed it back to him. I walked behind the bar and grabbed a beer from the cooler.

"Don't you're parents have cameras in here? Wouldn't they like... see everything you're doing right now?" He put his hand on mine stopping me from closing the cooler and looked up at the camera that was positioned right above the bar.

"What are they going to do? Send me back to Kitty Hawke? Besides if they were looking at the security footage they would've been more concerned about the joint than the beer." I closed the cooler and went over to the other side of the bar. I cracked it open and took a long sip of it. "Why'd you want to leave my house so bad? You seem fine now."

He bit the inside of his mouth and paused for a while. "I can't smoke at your house and..." He took another draw and hung his head low. "Also what would've stopped my dad from coming back?"

"What's stopping him from coming here?"

"I just wanted to be alone." He passed the joint back to me. "With you." He leaned closer to me. No matter how many times we were inches away from each other it always felt new. As if we were meeting for the first time. Some type of princess and king shit.

"Yeah?" He looped his finger under one of my bracelets and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb. I glanced down at his hand on top of mine and smiled. When I looked back up he was closer than before.

"Yeah." He used his other free hand and placed it under my chin. He used his hand to lead my face closer to his. I tilted my head to side allowing his soft lips to be placed on mine. He tried pulling me closer into the kiss but the bar was separating us. The bar separating us forced him to eventually pull away.

"Jayj-" I whispered biting down on my bottom lip. Our faces were still inches apart and I could feel the heart radiating off of him. He lifted one of his eyebrows and I began going around the bar with his hand still holding mine. I reached under the bar letting go of his hand and grabbing a small remote.

He cocked his head to the side in confusion as I pointed the remote up and hitting a button. "What did you just do?" He questioned me. It took a only a second before the stereo my parents installed when the restaurant first opened turned on. The soft music that always played through the building filled the air.

I took his hand and led him outside of the bar and into the middle of the room where the chair made a clearing. He caught onto what was happening and happily went along. He put his hand on my waist and moved closely with me. He lifted my hand up and I spun in a circle. "Pulling out the crazy moves."

"Oh yeah? That was such a crazy move Jj." I giggled and he spun me around once again. As I came back from the spin I wrapped both my hands around his neck loosely. He let his hands placed on my waist as we slowly danced around the restaurant. His tired eyes from a lack of nights sleep were locked on mine.

He lightly brushed his lips on mine and I savored every moment of it. The air began getting cold which made me crave the warmth his lips provided. His lips fell from mine and he rested his head against mine. "Kie... I think..."