Welcome to Beacon

In the middle of the day in the forests of Vale in a flying bullhead, we see Ruby Rose getting crushed in a hug by a long blonde hair girl with a brown jacket and yellow undershirt with her fire emblem on the left side, black short shorts with knee length boots and an orange scarf around her neck. This is Yang Xiao-Long, older half sister of Ruby Rose, and a hand to hand brawler.

Yang: Oh I can't believe my little sister's coming to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!

Ruby: Please stop!

Yang let's her go and bounce on her toes.

Yang: But I'm so proud of you!

Ruby: Really sis, it was nothing.

Yang: What do you mean? It was incredible! Everyone at Beacon is gonna think you're the bee's knees!

Ruby: I don't want to be the bees knees, I don't want to be any kind of knees. I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees.

Yang: What's with you, aren't you excited?

Ruby: Of course I'm excited, I just... I got moved ahead two years, I don't want people to think I'm special or anything.

Yang: But you are special.

They then hear the news taking on the big screen about the robbery Ruby and Jaune stopped.

Cyril: The robbery was led by nefarious criminal, Roman Torchwick. Who continues to evade authorities, if you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Vale Police Department. Back to you Lisa.

While the news was still going on, Ruby couldn't help but think back on the other night when she was talking to Ozpin and Jaune about the Rangers and their enemies.

FLASHBACK

Ruby: So the Power Rangers are a group of people chosen by the Morphin Grid to fight Aliens and other dimensional beings?

Jaune: Only evil being. While the Hunters fight the Grimm and some criminals, The Rangers deal with the Extra Terrestrial threats and make sure the planet's safe. We usually take our fights to the outside of the kingdoms and away from civilians.

Ozpin: That's why you don't really know about us.

Ruby: You're a Ranger too?

Ozpin: Back then I was known as Leanbow, the Wolf Warrior. But dew to my age, I am retired from that life and am in need of a successor.

Ruby: What does all this have to do with me then?

Jaune: They saw you with us, that puts a target right on your back.

Ruby: But I was just stopping a robbery!

Glynda: It doesn't matter. They saw you next to Jaune, he's a target because he's the new Oliver to get the Master Morpher.