Four...

I felt much better the next day.

When the man came back, he was very pleased to see me standing in the small kennel.

He opened the kennel door, looking me over, "Perfect," he muttered as he wrote something else in his composition notebook.

I sat there, tolerating the prodding where my injuries had been; it went on for a few minutes.

He finally closed his little notebook and locked the kennel.

I gave a heavy sigh, curling up in a ball in the corner of the kennel.
.
.
.
I woke up when the door slammed open, hitting the wall hard enough to put a hole in it.

"How dare they!" he exclaimed, throwing something across the room, it knocked a glass beaker onto the floor, shattering it.

He took a few heavy breaths before stalking up to a table full of books, angrily swiping all the contents off of it and onto the floor with a yell, slinging books and papers across the room.

He stood there, breathing heavily for a few moments before his gaze fell on me, "You," he growled out, venom filling his tone.

I shrank further back into the corner as he stalked over to the kennel.

The look in his eye was murderous. He slammed the latch of my kennel door open, grabbing me by the scruff.

I gave a loud yelp as he practically threw me halfway across the room. I started to growl at him, baring my teeth as he followed after me.

He snatched a muzzle that was on top of my kennel.

I bared my teeth with a snarl before a hard kick was delivered to my side.

He put a knee on my neck as he forced the muzzle on over my face. He was much angrier than any human I had ever witnessed, he kept kicking me in the side, ranting on and on about how someone turned down his experiment.

"How dare they! Just because it hurts a little, it still does its purpose! It still fixes everything!" he ranted on and on like this for nearly an hour. He was breathing heavily when he was finished.

I only whimpered through the muzzle, everything hurt again. It hurt more than the car had.

He took a few deep breaths, and a few steps back. "If the serum hurts, I can just test out various painkillers to counteract it..." he muttered to himself, gaze falling on the fridge.

I could hear the plastic bags crinkling as he dug through them.

He took out a glass vial from the fridge. He grabbed the metal stand he had previously kicked to the floor in his rage, "It's not a problem, it should be simple..." he muttered to himself, repeating that to himself a few times as he put a plastic bag of the colored liquid from yesterday.

He reattached it to the needle that was still in my left, injecting the liquid from the glass vial into my leg.

I gave a high-pitched whine, I was not ready for this again...
.
.
.
A few miles away, there was a young brunette man carrying a silver vase, running past a variety of people on the sidewalk.

"Allen, you're late!" a man called as he ran onto the scene.

"I'm sorry sir," the man apologized as he got to work.
.
.
.