Chapter 1

"Hi," he says. "I'm Daniel."
"Hi," I reply. "I'm June."
He lets go of my hand and I wish he would have held it longer. I look at his face and memories come flooding back to me. The time when he was the Republic's most wanted criminal. The time when I went undercover on the streets to try and capture him. Our first kiss and all the ones after that. The most painful one being the time when he lost most of his memories, including the ones of me. I become lost in these thoughts for a few moments until he speaks again.
"Well it does seem like both of us are meeting Tess for dinner. Would you care to join us on the way over?" He asks me. I nod, and he, Eden, and I start walking towards Tess's apartment. I keep stealing glances over at Day as we walk and I am amazed at how much he has changed. He used to be a poor boy living on the streets of Lake Sector but now he has become so much more than that. He travels around with his brother Eden and from what I've seen on the news, he couldn't be prouder to have Eden as a brother. He does have much shorter hair now, which I think fits him better than the long hair did. His eyes are still a piercing blue and I remember what it felt like to be a teenage girl lost in those oceans, filled with longing.
I am so lost in thought that I almost don't realize that we have arrived at Tess's place. Day reaches up and knocks three times on the door. He barely finishes knocking when the door flies open and Tess appears, grinning that mischievous grin of hers. "Hi Daniel! Hi Eden!" She exclaims. "And hi June! I see you all met up before you got here. I had meant for this to be a surprise." She gives me a look that tells me she had this whole thing planned out and none of us had seen it coming. She had it planned ever since she found out Day and Eden were coming back to L.A. "Why don't you guys come in and eat? I made lots of food," Tess says. We step inside and Tess leads us to the dining room where, sure enough there is food aplenty laid out on the table. We all sit down to eat, and Tess starts making small talk. Soon, Day, Eden and I join in. I congratulate Eden on his interview at Batalla Hall. The rest of dinner is a blur and all too soon, it is time to leave. On my way out, I thank Tess for dinner. I start to walk, but before I get too far, Day offers to escort me home.