Reunion

___

---
2 Months Later. . .
---

Enid stepped into the foyer of Nevermore and groaned. She felt like she lived here. She had spent every other day here since school ended and now it was suddenly the first day back again.

Hopefully her senior year would treat her better.

She got a sudden thought and pulled out her phone. It was riddled with hundreds of notifications but none of them mattered if they weren't from. . . ah. Just as she'd expected.

Nothing from Wednesday.

Enid had sent her messages and reminders and even a few photos but nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Like, she hadn't even SEEN them! It was so infuriating! Enid gave and gave and gave and she was constantly met with a brick wall of monochromatic melancholy! She'd really thought the two of them had actually had a moment a few months ago but NOOO! Wednesday's case was too important and she didn't have time to be in a relationship and blah blah blah I hate everything blah blah blah.

She hadn't even bothered to visit.

Enid immediately fell out of her gloom when she saw Yoko and Divana gathered by the fireplace.

"Hey girlies!" Enid squealed, giving them both a hug.

"Hey hey hey!" Yoko mused. "How you been this past summer?"

"Girl you visited like, everyday!" Enid chimed.

Yoko shrugged. Divana looked around excitedly.

"Urm, where's your other half?" She asked, holding in a chuckle.

"Ugh! You mean Wednesday?" Enid growled. Yoko and Divana gave each other a side glance. "It's whatever. She didn't text, call, or visit the entire summer so I guess I'm just. . . bummed."

"Uh oh, couple's drama." Yoko whispered to herself.

"Huh?" Enid's ears perked.

Divana elbowed Yoko, shushing her. "Ignore her. She's delusional. Try not to think about it." She patted Enid's shoulder. "This year will be fantastic! I can feel it!"

Enid smiled warmly. "Thanks."

* * *

They talked for a few hours about their summer and new hobbies and the latest boy bands. Enid noticed that her friends were often checking their phones and looking around, almost like something was going to happen. Every time Enid asked about it, it was immediately dismissed as nervousness.

* * *

*Bzzt Bzzt*

Yoko whipped out her phone.

A new message from Ajax.

"YOOOOO RAVEN HAS PERCHED ON THE PERCH I REPEAT RAVEN HAS PERCHED"

No. . . Way. . .

She subtly showed the message to Divana. The siren's eyes widened and she grabbed the phone, checking it a second time.

"Uh! Sorry girl! That was work! We gotta take a call!" Divana tried to explain to Enid as she hurriedly pushed Yoko away.

"Oh? Okay. . . Where do you guys work again?" Enid asked innocently.

"Er. . . Scooters!" Yoko blurted, giving a thumbs up.

"Mhm! Scooters!" Divana also gave a thumbs up as the two ran down the hall and disappeared.

Enid sat down against the fireplace. That was weird. Even for them.

* * * 20 Minutes Later * * *

Enid had texted Yoko, Divana, Ajax, Xavier, Kent, AND Bianca and had been left on read by them all.

She pouted and slumped against the main hall's fireplace. She felt she should go look for them, they had literally gone missing, but a tiny part of her was waiting for someone, so she stayed put.

The blank screen of her phone stared at her, sucking her in. She tore her gaze away from it. After a few seconds, she looked back at it. It was taunting her, beckoning her.

"NO!" She told herself. "Do not give in to a stupid device!" She sounded like Wednesday. "NO, NO, NO! Do not think about that monochromatic idiot! She is not worth your time!"

. . .

"Ugh!" Enid whined and grabbed the phone. She hadn't texted Wednesday in over a week. Would it look weird to start again all of a sudden? Whatever. She typed "Hey!" and sent it.

"Oh my god that sounded so stupid! No wonder she never texts back!" Enid rambled to herself.

A small *ping* came from her phone.

She heart sped up as she checked it.

"The number you have contacted is no longer in service."

"WHAT?! SHE BLOCKED ME?!" Enid yelped. Luckily, the main hall was so loud that no one even noticed.

She threw the phone down in a huff. Whatever. WHATever. If that's how Wednesday wanted to be, then fine! Enid was perfectly capable of forgetting and ignoring Wednesday just like she did to her.

She looked up and saw Yoko peeking from around a corner, facing away from her. She was whispering something to someone across the way. Enid looked a little closer and saw Kent beckoning her to something out of view. Divana poked her head out beside Yoko as Yoko furiously pointed around. Divana made an impolite gesture at Kent and pulled Yoko out of view. Kent made a gesture back and ran the opposite way.

"Okay, something is DEFINITELY going on." Enid thought to herself. She knew about the Nightshades and had expressed before that she didn't want to be in it, but she felt left out if her friends weren't even being honest with her.

She heard a familiar noise and craned her head around the fireplace.

Her heart skipped a beat.

Wednesday was standing in the front doorway, looking surprisingly confused.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

Enid twisted back around and tried to bury herself in the wall.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

She heard footsteps approaching her hiding place.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

Why was her heart racing?

___