Suspicion

___

Kent, Yoko, Divana, and Bianca stood outside in the shade. They were waiting for Ajax and Xavier so they could discuss the future of the Nightshades but they were very late.

Bianca noticed Wednesday and Enid several yards away. Enid was gushing about something and Wednesday was listening intently.

"That's odd." Bianca thought. "Addams is actually caring about what someone is talking to her about?"

Bianca turned back to the others. "Hey, do you guys think there's something going on between Wednesday and Enid?"

"NO!" Kent said rather abruptly. He immediately regretted saying it.

"Something up, Kent?" Divana questioned.

"Yeah," Bianca narrowed her eyes. "You never act this. . . homophobic."

Yoko made a slight gasping gesture.

"NO, NO! THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!" Kent cried frantically. The girls all gave him a judgemental look. "I just don't think there's anything between them. Romantically, that is! I think they're great friends!"

Kent decided not to talk for a while. Even though he was looking at the ground, he could feel the girls' stares on him.

"Yeah, okay," Divana broke the silence. "I think Bianca's on to something. There's something fishy between them."

Yoko let out a surprised laugh. "That's rich coming from you!"

Divana whipped around to look at her. Bianca held in a laugh. Yoko held up her hands like she hadn't done anything.

"Uhm, but in all seriousness, Bianca is totally right." Yoko gestured to Wednesday and Enid across the lawn. "Wednesday definitely has a soft spot for Enid and no one else. Just look how close they are! Wednesday hates when people are close to her."

Bianca was about to say something when Kent spoke up. "I just think you guys are reading too far into this!"

"Hi guys!" said a cheery voice behind them.

They all turned slowly to see Enid and Wednesday. Wednesday shifted her cold gaze to Kent, which made him jump.

Enid looked across their slightly surprised faces. "I hope we didn't interrupt anything?"

"Nah, girl, you're okay." Yoko quickly assured her.

Bianca raised an eyebrow. "Why does Wednesday look more dead than usual?"

Wednesday moved her hard stare off of Kent for moment. "Lack of sleep."

Bianca huffed a laugh. "What? Did you stay up all night torturing someone?"

Wednesday didn't respond. Bianca glanced at Enid, who just shrugged.

"Well, we'll leave you be. Wednesday finally agreed to help me study, so we'll be in the library if you need us!" Enid exclaimed before walked off with Wednesday following close behind.

The four stood in silence for a little while, thinking.

Wednesday was tired. Wednesday was never tired.

Werewolves don't need as much sleep as humans do.

"When Xavier shows up, remind him that he owes me a lot of money." Biana said, smirking.

___