Chp. 1

James and Regulus were in their cottage, setting up for the arrival of their friends: Mary and Lily. It was around 7:45, yet it was already getting dark outside. Mary and Lily were coming earlier than their other friends for one reason and one reason only, adoption.

Walburga, Regulus and Sirius' mother, had put Lily and James under a love potion that lasted a few weeks. During that time they left their respective lovers, James left Regulus, and Lily left Mary, but when the love potion wore off they realized what had happened and got back with each other, though it took a while for them Mary and Regulus to fully trust their partners again. Especially since a month later Lily found out she was pregnant with twins.

Ariel and Estrella, or as everyone else called them, Ari and Ella were born on July 31st, 1981. They were heathy babies and quite adorable, the four planned to raise them together, but each couple would adopt one child.

That brought Regulus and James to the present Halloween. Regulus was in the living room, hanging plastic pumpkins from the ceiling and straightening up. On the other hand, James was in the kitchen, making both savory and sweet snacks for the evening.

Suddenly the two heard a their secret knock-code at the door, Mary and Lily were here. "I'll get it!" James called, chuckling as he passed the living room. Regulus was almost hanging from the ceiling, his toes barely touching the latter beneath him.

"Hey, James!" Mary said, holding Ariel, Lily was standing slightly behind her, holding Estrella.

"Are you ready?" She asked.

"Yep! Reg and I were just finishing setting up things for later."

She smiled, "I can't wait to see what you guys have brought together, may we come in?"

"Of course, welcome." He opened the door further to allow them entrance. "Do you want to do it in the living room of the nursery?"

"The living room Is fine."

"Hey." Regulus said, panting, the latter he used now sat against the wall.

Mary laughed, "Well, you look like you've been busy."

He mockingly bowed, "Glad you noticed my hard work."

"Alright! Do you guys have everything?"

"Yea, I'll get it." James returned a few minutes later carrying two cups, two potions bottles, and a needle.

"Great, I suppose we do this quickly, these two look tired, they didn't want to take a nap earlier today." Marry said, moving to make room for James in the circle they made.

James chuckled, "Well then, Mary or Reg, who wants to go first?"

"Mary can." Regulus immediately said. He was nervous about this, he didn't have a stable childhood and his parents weren't the best. He didn't know how to be a dad and didn't know how good of a dad he'd be.

"Okay, I'm okay with that. What do I do first?"

"Prick your finger and drop eight drops of blood in one of the potions bottles." James instructed, he waited for Mary to follow the steps. "Now we have to wait for it to fully mix in with the potion, surprisingly that only takes about ten minutes."

"What happens after that?" Lily asked.

"We'll pour that potion into Ariel's cup and she'll drink it like normal, the changes will happen over the night, tomorrow you'll notice the changes."

Mary smiled and asked to hold Ariel, Lily handed her their daughter and scouted closer to her, draping her left arm over Mary's shoulder.

"Reg, you ready?"

"Yeah, I'm good." He followed James' previous instructions, capping the potions bottle.

"Now we wait!" James clapped his hands dramatically.

"Do you mind if we take Ari to the playroom?" Lily asked as they stood up.

"No, can you also take Ella?" Reg asked, "I still need to straighten up a few things and it'll be easier if she wasn't on the floor."

"Of course, let us know when ten minutes is up, will ya?"

"Yeah, we'll call you down."

Ten minutes later the group of six gathered in the living room where they stayed until the girls fell asleep around 8:30. James and Regulus left to go get take out for them, Sirius, Remus, and Peter, who were due to arrive in the next few minutes.

Just after they left someone knocked on the door. "I got it." Mary said, heading towards the door. "Peter!" Mary went on a rant, oblivious to the tall, dark figure standing behind him. "It's so good to see you, it feels like it's been forever. You're the first to arrive, come, the twins are asleep, we're about to watch a movie, Lils even made pop..."

The fighter stepped in the entry way and Mary stumbled back in horror, recognizing the figure as Voldemort. She felt around her pockets for her wand and mentally cursed when she realized she'd left it on the couch. With hope, she turned to Peter before she noticed something odd about him. He wasn't fearful or shocked, he was smirking, staring at her with amusement clear in his face.

"Peter? Why-" before she could finish Voldemort stunned her, god, he thought, she was getting on his nerves.

Lily heard the thump and shoved back tears, thinking her partner had just been killed. Stumbling, she grabbed the twins and ran to the nursery.

"Mama loves you... Mommy loves you... Papa loves you... Daddy loves you..." She barely had time to put them in the crib before Voldemort walked into the room behind her.

"Step aside and you'll be spared." He demanded.

"No! Not then, take me, please!" She cried out. "Anyone but them, please! I beg of you!"

"Move aside!" Voldemort growled, getting impatient.

"Don't hurt them!" Lily sobbed harder, "Take me, please!"

"Last chance," he blinked, "move!"

"No! Don't you dare tou-" Voldemort shot her with a stunner before she could finish.

He sighed, that took a lot longer than it should've. Speaking of time, he was running out of it. He hurried over to the crib where the twins laid.

One of them had vibrant red hair that was slowly turning into neater curls, and hazel eyes fading to blue. She was loudly crying and kicking, Voldemort had to place a silencing charm on her in hopes to keep her quiet. The other girl was quiet and stared at Voldemort in awe. Unlike her sister, she had green eyes fading to gray, and her hair was blackish-brownish.

He decided to check the second twins core first. His breath hitched and he grinned, she was powerful. So powerful it could rival Dumbledore's power, and dare he say his own.

Voldemort raised his wand and cast the killing curse, nodding in satisfaction when it hit the girl. He quickly turned away and headed out the door, he needs to get out fast, he'd already washed enough time.

But when he turned the killing curse he thought killed the brown-black haired twin shot back at him. And with a shrieking scream he disappeared into a cloud of must, abandoning his cloak in front of the crib.

Peter- who heard the commotion -immediately turned into his rat form and rushed off into the night. Mary and Lily still lay unconscious on the steps and in the nursery, and the twins lay curled up on the bed together.