Chp. 10

It was after lunch on their first weekend at Hogwarts that Ella went to the Founders courters. They were at the end of where the teacher's courters were, hidden behind two large oak double-doors. Only the heir could open them. It wasn't hard to sneak past everything, most of the professors were out and about in the castle, and no one expected a first year to be an animagus.

Upon her entry a house elf popped up, she noticed it was one of the same ones from the founders era, or maybe a relative? "Barnard?"

"Heiress is back! Barnard came to see the intruder, but it's heiress! The last heir to come was the Riddle!"

"Tom Riddle? Voldemort?"

"Oh, yes, him! Barnard hates him, he doesn't like the man's magic! It's painful, and he took Mistress Rowena's tiara!"

"He did what?"

"He took it!"

"What did he do with it?"

The house elf huffed, "I do not know that!"

Ella shook her head, "Okay, did he do anything else?"

"No."

"Good."

"Now come, mistresses and masters want to see you."

"This place looks like it did before I left, is everything still here?"

"Yes, Barnard kept it well cleaned. And heiresses bedroom is still here, too! And the other heiresses are too!"

"Thank you, Barnard,"

"It was no issue for Barnard."

"Hello, dear." Helga said, Ella didn't even notice they were at their portrait yet. "Row's told us that you've been sorted into Ravenclaw, we're so proud of you."

"Thank you, Aunt Helga."

"Little snake, how has your first week been?"

"It's been good, I miss the girls though. It's different without them in classes."

"I'd say so, we missed you too! Everything was weird for awhile after you left."

"Sage?! Your portrait is here too? Wait who's with you?"

"This is my wife, Ines."

The other girl- Ines nodded to Ella, "Bonsoire."

"Good evening to you too."

"Did you make any new friends?" Helena asked from the next portrait over where she was standing with Lucas.

"I knew you two would end up together! And yes, I've made a few friends."

"And maybe a more-than-friend?" Rowena teased.

Ella blushed, "No, Daphne's just a friend."

Godric wiggled his eyebrows, "Daphne?"

"I hate you all."

"Hate is a strong word." Helga scolded.

"And you love us, just as we love you." Lucas said jokingly.

"Who is Daphne, child?"

"She's my roommate and friend, she brought a snake too, her snake's name is Medusa."

"Perfect for a shake."

"Barnard has brought heiress her food."

"Oh, thank you."

"It was no issue for Barnard."

"So, how is family? Everything's good, I hope?"

"Yes, Uncle Ric, everything's good. They're all really nice, Jaya is adorable, Celeste is cool, Ariel is cool too, I feel bad about everyone being in her business all the time, though. She never gets alone time! Remus and Sirius are a lot like Leo and Katherine. Lily and Mary are like you Aunt Helga and Row, the same thing for Dad, Papa, Uncle Sal, and Uncle Ric. It's nice being with them again, but I still miss you guys too."

"We missed you too, and I'm glad your happy with your family."

"We've heard the wizarding world was different, are they good or bad differences?"

Ella shrugged, "There are bad ones, and good ones, and some Hogwarts classes have changed too, like, flying is taught in first year, not third."

"But that's so dangerous! Just imagine what would happen if an eleven year old fell off!" Helga cried.

"That did happen to one of my other friends, Neville."

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah he's fine, Madame Promfrey healed him."

"Speaking of healing, are you still practicing?"

Ella lit up, "Yep! Aunt Lily is teaching me, she's a really good healer and offered to teach me after I brought up the fact I was learning from you when I lived with you guys."

"That's great, dear! I'm glad she's helping you out."

"She's kind like that."

Ella stayed and talked to the founders and her old friends, and new friend, for about two hours before Barnard interrupted, saying her friends were looking for her. She said her goodbyes, asked Barnard to take her to the kitchens (which he agreed to), and left the founders courters.

She planned to visit them tomorrow and maybe hang out in her, Helena, or Sage's old rooms, to do homework or go through their things to see what they left behind. Maybe she'd go into one of her aunt or uncles rooms, she did that when she was younger, but she hadn't seen them since. Perhaps she'll bring Ariel and Celeste there one day, Jaya could come too.