Chp. 9

Ella woke up early the next morning. She was too excited about being back at Hogwarts and to explore it in this time. All night she'd been going back and forth between being awake and going back to sleep. So around 5:00 a.m. she finally got up, moving Scarlet to the side as she went, changed into her uniform, and pulled her hair up.

"Stay out of the common areas, the classrooms, and the hallways, and make sure you aren't seen. Go to the chamber of secrets or the forbidden forest if you want to." She hissed to Venom, she turned to Medusa, "You too."

With that she tiptoed out of the dorm and down into the common room. It was, unsurprisingly, empty besides her and Rowena's portrait. "Morning, Aunt Row."

Rowena looked up from her book and smiled, "Hello, dear. What's bothering you, you never wake up this early? Or has something changed in the past month?"

"Nothing's changed, I couldn't sleep."

"Nightmares?"

"No, excitement."

"Mm."

"How are the rest of the founders? And Leo, Katherine, Kassandra, Sage, Helena, Kai, and Lucas?"

"Well, your friends were sad about you leaving, but they were happy to still be able to communicate with you. They still hang out all the time." Ella nodded, she hoped they would still hang out. "Salazar didn't show any change around the others, but he was upset after you left. After all the kids graduated Hogwarts he left, too. Godric was also really upset, he always asked the kids how you were doing and what was going on in your time. Helga did too, she carries a photo of you and Helena with her all the time. I'm not good with emotions, but I missed you a lot. You're an important part of all our lives."

Ella smiled, "I missed you all, too."

"Is Venom with you?"

"She's in my dorm, my dormate brought a snake, too, her name is Medusa, the snake not my dormate. I also got a cat, her name is Scarlet."

"That's wonderful, what's your dormate's name?"

"Daphne Greengrass, her and I seem like we have a lot in common. She seems pretty nice."

"So you like her?"

"So far, yeah."

"That's good, dear." They continued to talk until they heard footsteps.

"Good morning." Another Ravenclaw girl said, she was surrounded by two other girls.

"Morning."

"You a first year?" One of the other girls asked.

"Yeah, what year are you guys in?"

"Second year."

"What's your name, first year."

"Estrella Potter-Black."

"I'm Cho Chang, this is Marietta and Cheryl."

"We're going to the Ravenclaw library to check out the second year book section, would you like to come? We can show you the first year section?"

"No thank you."

"Ok, see you later."

"Bye."

Ella and Rowena didn't talk anymore that morning since more students seemed to come down. Some went up to the Ravenclaw library and others stayed in the common room. Around 7:30 ish Daphne came down and tapped Ella on the shoulder, pulling her out of the book and was reading.

"Hi, we should get going so that we have time to eat and find our classes. Plus the common room is starting to get crowded." She gestured to the cook room, which was slowly but surly filling up with students. Ella looked around then nodded, gathering her things before following Daphne.