✯ 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

RECCOMENDED SETTINGS :

White BG, any font that isn't formal - looking

Portrait viewing

p.s. this was written on a phone

When I was younger, my mother told me about this puppet show that my grandmother was 'obsessed' with when she was young

"Mommy? What's that you're looking at?" I ask my mother, as I look at the big piece of paper that she was holding. "Oh, this? This is a poster from a show your grandmother used to watch on television. It's called Welcome Home!" She says as she shows me the poster, her face full of glee. "Wow! All the people there are so pretty mommy!" I say, with starry eyes. "Hehe.. well, do you want to see one of her favorites?" My mother tells me. Out of curiosity, I agreed.

My mother then went up to the attic. I didn't accompany her as I was afraid of the attic. After several minutes, she came back down, and handed me one big, rolled up paper. "Mommy, what's this?" I inspected the large roll of paper, as dust falls from it every time I move it. "Why dont you open it up? I'm sure you can see what it is if you unroll it!" My mother encourages me. I carefully unroll the paper on the floor, revealing a poster of.. a character named 'Wally Darling'. ' what a silly name ', I thought. The poster showcases his iconic swirly blue hair with his sunny yellow skin. His beautiful eyes made him look like he was half asleep. A calming and heartwarming smile adorned his features. He had a long white undershirt, on top of it was a blue cardigan with bright yellow stripes. A red ribbon adorned his neck. He was holding a paintbrush on his right hand, while painting something on a blank easel. The words on the poster say, " Why don't you paint with me, neighbor? ".

"Oo.. mommy, he's really pretty! I'm gonna call him pretty boy!" I say with delight. "Pretty boy?" I hear my mother quietly snicker. "If I remember, that's the same nickname your grandmother gave him when she was younger!" You look at her, surprised. "Well, I'll just call him pretty boy!" You giggled. "Wait a bit here, [your name], I still have more things to get up in the attic!" Your mother says, before she rises up to the dark and scary attic. She took a really long time in the attic. So, to entertain yourself, you ran to your room to get your crayons and a few pieces of paper, then ran back to the attic ladder. You then tried to recreate Wally with crayons on your paper. You continued to do this until your mother finally descends from the attic.

"Well, that took longer than expected." She says before dusting off all the dust that has accumulated on her. You inspected the items she brought from the attic. A tall box, a small box, and a smaller box. But what caught your attention the most was of course, the big box smeared with bright colors that were dulled with the passage of time. "Mommy? What's this?" You ask her while holding the tall, dusty box. "I don't know. Your grandmother didn't tell me.." Both of you didn't know what was inside the box, so there was only one way to figure out how. You slowly opened the box and there laid a tall, puppet - doll thing of Wally Darling himself, laid down in the box. You and your mother's eyes widen in surprise.

"MOMMY CAN I KEEP HIM?!" You screamed in happiness. You wanted the puppet - doll badly. You heard her chuckle lightly. "Of course! I'll wash and dry him first, then he's yours!" She says, smiling. You jump in delight. You continue to grab the two small boxes that accompanied it. The bigger box was full of books and the second was full of VHS tapes. "Mommy, can we watch these uhh.. vee - hach - es tapes?" You ask your mother. To your delight, she agreed.

She carefully inserts the tape inside the player, then quickly joins you on the couch, eating some cookies that she made. The video flashes to the welcome home logo, then, ' Episode One - What To Paint? '. The video slowly fades in, showing a butterfly. The camera follows the butterfly until it reveals Wally sitting at his favorite painting spot underneath a tree with an easel in front of him. You look a little closer and notice that the easel was empty. Wally turns his head and looks at the camera. "Hello, neighbor, how are you today?" He laughs and fully turns around. "I hope you are happy. I feel happy too. When I am happy, I like to paint. I like to paint to feel happy too. What do you do to feel happy?" Wally pauses. "I like to draw and jump when I'm happy!" you shout. Wally laughs. "I think that would make me happy too. Even though I am happy, neighbor, I have a problem. I don't know what to paint." Wally responds. The camera focuses on the empty easel. "I could paint a butterfly... Or a rock... Or a tree... There are too many things to paint, I can't decide what I would like to do. I don't know how to solve this problem. Neighbor, when you have a problem, what would you do?" You were thinking hard, until a big, blue dog walks up to Wally. There, the video abruptly ends. "Well, I guess that this one is, well, broken." Your mother says as she ejects the tape out of the recorder.

You yawn tiredly as your mother scoops you up. "Get plenty of rest my little bee, you have school tomorrow." She says before smooching you on the forehead and tucks you into bed. "Good night" she whispers to you as you slowly drift off, riding a cloud to dreamland.

 "Good night" she whispers to you as you slowly drift off, riding a cloud to dreamland

pls believe me his nickname will always be pretty boy

also rhirhi if ur seeing this pls buy me food next school year you owe me alot of money

edited- 4/19/23

1021 words