Chapter 21: Harajuku (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"This is not healthy at all," Camila said lifting Lauren's face a bit and taking her lips in a deep kiss again. "I can't stop kissing you."

"Do you hear me complain?" She said against her lips and Camila smiled giving her a tender kiss and then kissing her nose and one of her eyelids. Lauren sighed and hugged her again, "Feeling better now?"

"Much better," Camila said smiling and resting her cheek on Lauren's head and closing her eyes for a moment feeling a lot of peace.

"Maybe I should go back outside," Lauren said softly. "You could stay and rest a bit. Although I swear I'm dying of sleep."

"Didn't you sleep well?" Lauren closed her eyes listening to Camila's heartbeat in her ear.

"I didn't get much sleep." Lauren began to circle Camila's clavicle visible due to the design of the dress. "Time changes are not my thing."

"I didn't get much sleep either but it's normal," Camila whispered.

"Why?" Lauren asked softly.

"After my mother died, I started having nightmares at night.
They don't always happen to me but when they do I can never sleep well for fear they will come back."

"What did your mom die of?" Lauren said intertwining her hand with Camila's for a moment.

"A few days before my graduation my mom decided to do a double shift," Camila said with pain. "She wanted to give me a nice dress" Camila's voice trailed off remembering. "She said that she couldn't give me trips or many things but she wanted me to go to the prom looking like a princess. So she decided to double shift. Dinah's parents own a restaurant."

"Is that where you work?" Camila nodded as her brown eyes filled with sadness.

"My mother worked there and she was out late that day," she sighed. "Normally my mother always came home at three and took care of my sister while I was at the university or the restaurant. But that night she left almost at twelve."

"Your father didn't want to give you money for your dress to help out a little?" Lauren asked.

"Ever since he found out I was gay, my father hates me, Lauren," Camila sighed. "And he has never been a man to worry about household expenses. I helped my mom work. My mother was such a hardworking woman, so special. It hurts so much to remember what happened." Camila felt the tears flow and when Lauren heard her sobbing she sat up to look at her.

"Don't cry," Lauren said softly. "You don't need to tell me right now. I can wait."

"She was mugged," Camila said softly and Lauren felt sad for her. "They took her money and murdered her." Camila's sobs grew louder as Lauren got up to hug her. "She died instantly and no one helped her. They left her lying in the street as if she were worthless."

"Ohh Camila," Lauren said hugging her. "I'm so sorry."

"It was the most important thing to me." Camila's pain was great. "Sofi was so scared, my father was not at home, as was his custom. And I had to go out in the middle of the rain to look at a corpse. A corpse that was the woman I loved the most in the world. When I close my eyes I can see her face in the morgue" Lauren shook her head and Camila cried in her arms strongly while she gave her a word of comfort and kissed her cheek tenderly.

"Please don't cry rags," Lauren said painfully. "Don't cry" and at that moment they heard the door open.

"What are you doing to her?" Dinah said loudly as she approached Camila who was crying loudly.

"Dinah!" Normani said following her while Dinah approached her friend and Lauren simply watched her.

"You have a minute to get out of my office," Lauren said furiously and stared at her.