Chapter 14: Small Details

2/3 OF THE WEEKEND MARATHON

**SUGGESTED SONG: "One Last Night- Vaults"

"Sometimes the simplest things have the greatest meaning" -Rags (Camila Cabello)

WHILE AT THE HOTEL:

"Lauren has gone completely crazy," Normani said, looking at Ally as they both had a glass of wine at the bar.

"If you ask me," Ally began as she raised her glass of wine to her lips and looked at her friend. "I think Lauren actually likes that girl."

"Camila's not her type at all," Normani said softly. "She would never go out with her. And if she does, she would never take her seriously."

"Well, the anguished face she made today when I went to wake her up because she was late for her date was true." Ally sighed. "I had never seen her so worried. She practically went in her pajamas running down the street."

"Well..." Normani reconsidered what Ally was saying as she ate an olive thoughtfully. "She surely just wants to sleep with her. Maybe it's just fun."

"We're talking about Lauren." She stared at her friend.
"Lauren doesn't have one-night stands, and she absolutely wouldn't break her most cherished rule of not mixing business with pleasure. Lauren would never do something like that if it wasn't intense."

"I rather think that her desire to argue and show Shay that she is better than her is intense." Normani sighed. "You know how those two are. Even if you don't see it, they don't do things as a joke. Deep down I know very well that they can't stand each other."

"You think?" Normani laughed wryly.

"Of course." Normani crossed her leg looking at her lifelong partner and best friend. "It's pretty obvious. You know that Lauren is not a very social person and Shay takes pleasure in teasing her. No wonder they take that poor girl as an excuse to show who is the "best".

"Well, I would never allow something like that," Ally said firmly. "Lauren can't play with a person's feelings like that."

"Lauren can do whatever she wants," Normani said wryly.
"Because even though you and I know it's wrong; She will never listen to us. So she pretty much does what she wants despite knowing deep down that she's not right."

"We both know that Lauren only has the badass act but she's actually a teddy bear." Normani started to laugh.

"Then it would be a stuffed dragon," she said laughing and
Ally looked at her very serious and Normani ended up sighing. "Sorry."

"I worry about her," she sighed. "You should do the same, give her advice and talk to her instead of celebrating every time she loses her temper. Lauren listens to us, deep down she listens to us."

"Of course she listens to us," Normani said sarcastically. "Deep down in her soul, she insults us for getting into what we don't care about."

"But we can try." Ally smiled and Normani rolled her eyes which widened in surprise as a male figure in a pristine Boss suit stepped in front of them. "What's the matter?"

"This is a surprise," said a male voice that Ally recognized very well. Her eyes, like Normani's, widened in surprise as she turned and the attractive face of Theo Issartel was before her eyes.

Ally gasped for air at Theo's handsome smile on her, then saw Normani looking at him in surprise. It was definitely no longer that Theo who had played with them on the streets of Houston Texas after school. He was now the great businessman president of Issartel 's Fashion Co. America's largest fashion company. Which he built together with his sister Keana Issartel who was the fashion director.