you're alive! you're alive?! you're alive.

"okay, he's not out there," wyatt whispered, peeking out of the door.

"can you see the time?" ellie whispered back. wyatt turned his head and squinted to see the time better.

"fuck.. 6:18 AM," wyatt said.

"what if he hears us?" richie uttered, holding his arm still.

"i'll take the fall. you guys need to run. i know how to calm him," ellie instructed quietly.

"but—" richie started.

"no. no buts. we can do this," she sighed.

"okay, it's clear, c'mon," wyatt whispered.

wyatt opened the door and the three snuck around the house, richie and ellie holding hands. richie only held hers out of being absolutely terrified.

ellie had peeked through a room, where blood was scattered everywhere. she winced and assumed it was richie's.

wyatt was met with a door, which had seven locks, a board over it, and a chain-lock. he swore under his breath and started to unlock the seven locks, unchain the lock, and removed the board.

though, as he set the board down, it slipped out of his hand and fell. the three exchanged scared looks.

a dog started barking and wyatt flew the door open, letting ellie and richie out first and quietly closing the door. they all three started sprinting, not daring to look back.

they ran for ten minutes, tears being shed and loud breathing being heard. the jacket on richie's arm slipped off, but he carried it as he sprinted.

they had finally made it to a gas station after running through nothing but empty road and woods for ten minutes. the three all collapsed beside the building, panting and crying.

"fuck! we did it!" richie said, sobbing hard. he brought his hands over his face and lied in the grass, ellie and wyatt both panting hard as well.

"fuck," wyatt breathed out. he crawled over to ellie and hugged her hard, crying as well. "fuck."

"we're out. it's over. it's all over," ellie panted, crying. wyatt cried into her shoulder, and she did the same.

"we need to go to the police," wyatt sniffed after a good five minutes of panting and crying and hugging. he pulled out of the hug, and patted richie's back, who was still crying and lying in the grass. "richie?"

"hey, c'mere," ellie sniffed, helping richie into a hug. he hugged her back tightly, trembling. "it's okay. it's all over."

"we're alive, we're alive, we're alive.." richie sobbed.

"yeah. we're alive. we're all okay," ellie sighed, sniffing. she looked up at wyatt and smiled at him, and he offered one to her as well.

after another few minutes, they all three stood and were determined to get to the police.

"el, do you remember the address..?" richie asked as they walked.

"uh.. yeah. i can't remember the license plate, though," she admitted. richie shook his head.

"all that matters is that we have police on that house," richie mumbled.

"right," she said.

"how do you remember his address?" wyatt asked.

she shrugged. "it just kinda stuck to me. i knew i probably needed it for when i would get out of there. if i did."

"and we did," said richie.