Prologue

Why, why why does this always happen...

They took him, my little Wildfire, My little Ember, My son. Why? Why him! Why not me!

He's a boy, never seen his father. I raised him, why... Why Hylia why....

My little Link....

My little Boy....

I was going to jump of off this damned dimension to find him but was stopped by my Co-worker. Zant.

"My Queen, please don't. We have sent out party's to find Link, we are doing everything. If this makes things a bit better, we re-opened the Mirror Of Twilight. So, you can go see... Him." He soothed, giving news and spiting anger all once.

My mind wondered to my Husband. My love.

"Where."

~~

The mirror was glowing, it's usual Twili-Hylian markings, etched in black, controversing the white.

I walked up, My warriors behind me. I put my hand out, ready to touch it again. I was skeptical.

How? How was this possible? I did not know. All I could think about was my two Links.

I hesitated, before grinding my teeth and touching the mirror. Gold whisps of energy engulfed my feet, going up and up my body. I bowed my head to Zant, as I saw him bow back. The Embers engulfed me.

It was white, then gold, then black, then colourful.

I felt my feet touch ground. I stumbled a bit, not used to the gravitational pull of Earth.

I looked around. It was where I left off. It was almost the same, it had overgrown mossy structures, flowers and most notably,  a Hylian, with a sword and shield from his local Village. The attire mixes of green and his village cloth.

He was sitting a few steps down below me, I knew by the tufts of golden-brown hair and that notable Cowlick from his hat, that it was him. My love. My Husband.

"Link...." I whispered out.

I heard his breath hitch, he froze. I saw him slowly turn to me, tears threatening to spill. I tried to smile, but I was too overwhelmed and overjoyed and let my tears fall.

He let out a mini ghasp at me. He turned his entire body around, tripping a bit but still cimbing up the steps using his hands. As he reached the top. He stopped, just crying, facing me with an unreadable expression.

Stupid Hylians.

I choked out a cry and started to smile. I opened my arms up. He did not hug me, only try to punch me.

Ouch.

I tired to stop him.

"Link, link link, Hun..." I tried.

He cried, in anger. I deserved this.

Maybe I deserve no true love after all. First my son, now my husband.

I deserve this.

"How dare you!" He stopped, crying more "You just left! With no purpose! It was stupid! You left me Midna! Why?!" He wailed.

Why.

Why.
Why.

That's my question too.

Why did I do that, why did I leave, it made no sense.

None at all.

"I- I...." I tried to start thinking of what to say "I don't know." Liar. I knew damn well. It was because of my son! The baby I was carrying! That's why!

But I can't tell him that...

...

Right?

"Bullshit!" He called my bluff.

"Your right! I lied! You want to know the real reason?" I walked up to him, confidence leaking in my steps. I towered over him " It was because I was carrying YOUR KID!" I spat.

He fell silent, looking shocked.

"Wha-" he started.

I cut him off,
"I was carrying your kid! I couldn't tell you that! So I left! Not only for our worlds sake, but to save him. To save you!"

"Why?! Why wouldn't you tell me I had a kid?! I deserved to know! Why would you do it for safety? Why Midna, tell me!" He asked, painfully.

"Fine! But don't come crying to me!" I started. "I did it for safety. A Twili has never had a child. Only one has happened before. And that turned out to hell. It made a civil war between light and dark when they where once brethren. It caused chaos so we vowed to never intercourse and have children. But..... We changed that. And I had the kid. He takes after you. Got your eyes, skin, personality, curiosity. He's got my hair, just a more redder version. He's also got.... My capability. My devilish powers. Most of which I don't even own. As a queen to the Twili, I had to tell people. We kept him under strong measures, well protected. But it wasent enough. Just hours ago, he was kidnapped by the damn Zonai tribe. Before you ask, the Zonai are a tribe dedicated to worshiping outliers. As our son was Twili-Hylian, he was labeled as an outlier and was taken for worship." I explained, voice cracks and all.

Link looked down, dropped to the floor. I knelt down next to him.

"W-whats his name? What are his... Capabilities?" He asked

I sighed.

"I named him Link, after you. I missed you so much darling, and he took so much after you it fitted. And uhm... I don't even know all of his capabilities. We didn't get to check. All I know, is that he is much stronger than both of us. He's got the triforce of Power and Courage, and Twili queen powers running through him. He's... Something alright." I explained.

Link looked at his hand, seeing the faint glow of the triforce of Courage and Power. He placed his hand back down onto his lap.

"I-um sorry I lashed out at you..... I didn't know. I've waited here everyday for six years for you Midna. I spend everyday here. The village got worried, tried to keep me in there but I got out. Perks of this I guess" he held up his necklace. " They got scared of me, kept letting me go, afraid I would eat the children. They kept me away from them, not allowing me to see them. It hurt. I grew up with them like my own. Now I'm feared." He explained.

I felt a tang of guilt, sorrow and anger in my heart.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that dear. So so sorry." I said.

I leaned into him for a hug, instead he fell into my arms.

I wrapped my arms around him, rocking a bit as we both cried.

I cried for him, The guilt and my son.

He cried for himself.