Chapter Twenty One - 'You Saved Me'

Start from the beginning

"Don't be too harsh on the detective. He has insecurities too - worse than your own. Just don't push it, otherwise you will be somewhere you wouldn't want to be." They said in a whisper to their boss - only to then walk off without hearing his remark to what they just told him.

Byakuya just stared in the location of where they stood, before grumbling to himself and taking off his glasses to think for a bit. As he had to admit, he's been a bit harsh on Shuichi because he knows he can do better. He is probably one of the best detectives they had (aside from Kirigiri) - but perhaps... there needs to be a chance of an approach.

The affluent progeny took a deep breath, before turning his back onto the crime scene and walking out - locking the door tightly behind him as he walked off to where the get together was going to be.

⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️

While everyone else was enjoying the party, which was being hosted by Makoto himself, Shuichi was still in a room with Kokichi alone. He was thankful that his boss Naegi gave them some privacy, and even said that if they don't turn up, he would text them the announcement instead. It was a fine arrangement, especially after what Shuichi just let out towards the lot.

The two were now on Floor 14 and sat in Makoto's office where it was mostly peaceful other than the odd sound of partying from a few floors below. Kokichi had been silent the entire time, but it was expected. 

Shuichi didn't even say much either to the Grape as to not overwhelm them from what's going on. Surprisingly though, the supreme leader was the first one to break the silence in the room after being sat for around almost an hour on the office sofa.

"I-I'm sorry..." They spoke through a shaky breath. Shuichi only sighed with a frown slowly forming as they turned to face them.

"There is no need to–"

"S-Shuichi..." They sniffed, wiping their own nose onto the now dampened sleeve from the tears they've been letting out. "...W-Why d-do you still c-care...?" They then asked out of the blue, startling the poor detective.

"W-Wha!?" He exclaimed in shock, moving himself in front of the supreme leader so they could look them right in the eyes so they could see what sort of emotion the grape was showing.

All Shuichi saw was the poor things heart breaking in two from guilt.

"Y-You don't d-deserve me..." Kokichi continued shakily, only for Shuichi to cup their cheeks into his own hands to try and shut them up. All it did was cause more tears to form in the grapes eyes - and more prominent too. Shuichi just sighed as they let go slowly and stood up.

As Shuichi walked away - Kokichi eyed up a bit to see what on earth their beloved detective was doing - only to see that the detective was... TAKING HIS SHIRT OFF!?

"W-What sort of m-messed up kink is this!?" The grape couldn't help but ask in confusion - only to hear Shuichi lightly laugh from the implication and turn around to face them as they took the final layer off.

"Well..." Shuichi started as he started trailing around his back a bit, before turning around so that Kokichi could take a look - only to see various scars from abuse to most likely moments during the war where he got injured. He then managed to continue when he located the deep scar that Kokichi gave him,

"This didn't do any serious damage to me, Kokichi. All it did was give me a scar that I can barely see on a day to day basis. It doesn't hurt at all - and I don't regret what you did funnily enough.

"Y-You don't?"

"No..." Shuichi sighed, before sitting back down beside the supreme leader who was now looking at him curiously with a hint of being worried shown in their eyes. "...If I had to be honest. I think it saved me in a way."