chapter 3

Virgil didn’t sleep at all that night so when his alarm went off at 6:30am for him to get up for school, he groaned in anger and pain. He was too hurt to go to school but if he skipped school again, Orange would get angry because they'll come there and collect him to take him to school (the phone calls were bad enough). 

Virgil hisses in pain as he pushes himself out of bed. He rubs his face before grabbing clothes out of his cupboard and getting changed into new clothes. He wore a black P@TD shirt, fishnet tights, ripped black jeans, a black beanie and purple and black patchwork jacket. Once he was dressed, he sat back down on his bed, grabbed his small hand mirror and started doing his makeup. He put a pale foundation on his face to make him appear paler than he already is. He put mascara bags under his eyes to hide the actual black bags. He put dark purple lipstick on to hide his chapped lips. He put the foundation on the skin that could be seen to hide all the bruises and scars.

By the time he was finished, it was 7:30. He had to leave in half an hour. He quickly walks to the kitchen (trying to hide the pain he was in because he isn't allowed to show pain) to see Remy and Emile sat at the kitchen table eating pancakes, all ready for school with their backpacks on. Remy was wearing a white shirt, black leggings, his leather jacket and Sunglasses. He had a brown satchel instead of a backpack. Emile was wearing a pink Button top, a light brown cardigan and grey leggings. His backpack was Stitch. Virgil rolls his eyes at them and makes himself a coffee. "Can I have one uncle Virgil?" Remy asked. "Nope, now I'm out" Virgil said as he was about to leave but Jakus walked in and stopped "you need to take Emile and Remy to school today. Orange is sending me on a mission and since you know what happened no one else can take them". Virgil of course put up a fight. He couldn't take them to school. Their school is on the other side of town from his school. It would make him late and give him detention. "You also need to pick them up". Janus then disappeared before Virgil could fight anymore so Virgil sighs. "Grab ya bags. We need to set off now". They all quickly got up and left. 

Remy's and Emile's school was so far from the house that the group had to grab the underground to get there just in time for the twins to get there just before the gates closed. However Virgil had to use his lunch money and the money to get to his school so they could go on the underground, so Virgil had to run all the way to his school, with only a coffee in him and with broken ribs (which was difficult). So of course Virgil nearly fainted when finally arrived at his school (which was 2 hours late/at 11) so of course he was given detention. 

He limps his way to one of his favourite lessons, English. English and Science were Virgil's favourite lesson because of the teachers or should I say teacher. Because of staff shortages, Mr Logic was the teacher of Science and English. Mr Logic was Virgil's favourite teacher because he always talks to Virgil, understands his anxiety, helps his anxiety, makes sure he has eaten, helps him with homework and helps him with his dyslexia (even if Mr Berry acts like a robot all the time). In return, Virgil taught Mr Logic social norms and Slang and phrases. However, Mr Logic seems to be catching on about the injuries because he keeps hinting to it and to things to help you get away/deal with abuse. 

Anyway Virgil arrived, handed his late pass and sat at the back of the classroom on his own. He zoned out through the lesson but seeing as it was lunch after the lesson, he didn't have to get up because he spends time with Mr Logic at lunch. Mr Logic sat in front of him with a lunch box (the door open for safeguarding reasons) before saying as he noticed Virgil had no food but before Mr Logic could say anything, Virgil cut him off "I was light because I had to take Remy and Emile to school again. I have no money for food cause I had to use my money to get Emile and Remy to school on time. I had coffee for breakfast."  So of course after hearing that, Mr Logic gave Virgil a ham sandwich and a banana because everyone needs to eat.