c.h.a.p.t.e.r..e.i.g.h.t

"Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will

"Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will." ~ Elaine Davis

•t.i.m.e..p.a.s.s.e.s•
"Hi my love!"

after a slightly awkward introduction between the two introverts, Zeus and Adelaide were able to get along well. He deeply enjoyed her quesadillas while she commented on his bone structure and asked if she could photograph him one day. He said he wanted a few pictures for his wrestling page, so they exchanged information and she would now be hired to come to all his future matches. After talking about his wrestling, MC had begged him to show her videos and to let her come to his matches as well. Since he rarely could find it in him to deny her, Zeus eventually showed her some of his best wrestling videos. He was nervous but MC was so enthralled with it that his ego started to grow. Especially when she praised him on all of his wins.

"I could be your sponsor!" She says.

Zeus puts his phone back into his pocket. "How do you figure that'll work?"

"I'm making an active wear line to Cedar-Azalea and I figured I should get some athletes to advertise it. While I have a few pro athletes who've already said yes, college athletes are something that people are becoming more and more interested in, so it'd be pretty beneficial to the both of us if you signed. You could be recruited for a professional team right out of college since you'd have such a large brand behind you-- and since you're very talented too, of course."

Zeus thinks about it. He isn't really a big fan of being in the spotlight, but if it will help his career he'll do just about anything. Besides, his aunt would murder him if he says no to such an amazing opportunity. It also gives him more of a chance to talk to his friend.

"Sure, I'll do it. If it'll help both of us out, why not?" Zeus reaches onto the large plate in the center of the table and takes another quesadilla. He's on his fourth one.

Later that day, Adelaide and MC post all of the pictures of the three of them. Adelaide gains about 3,000 followers because of it, and Zeus gets hundreds more DMs of people asking him who he was. MC doesn't think much of the fact that she was getting so much traction on social media, as she's used to all of the rumors when it came to her relationships. She assures Adelaide and Zeus that if they just turned off their notifications, it wouldn't seem so bad.

Apparently that works, because the group has grown closer over the past few weeks, along with Mercedes, Storie, and Novil. They are an odd bunch of friends but they had each created their own routine. MC would spend a lot of time with Zeus after all of their work was done, and if he was too busy with practice the two would fall asleep on FaceTime before bed. Adelaide had decided it was best for everyone to come to their house every Wednesday for them to eat dinner together, as a way for her to not have to have so many leftovers. Storie would join Zeus and MC at the cafe during her breaks and would also use her surroundings as design inspiration, as well as ask Zeus for help on her math homework.