20🤎

Rue

While the snow is sticking in other states here in Infinity Willow Grove it's sunny all year around sadly. Luckily every other year we go visit my grandmother in New York for Christmas. They have enough snow for all of us. I don't like being around my family all that much but I do like exploring the city with my cousins Iris and Amber.

Ms. Nia and her family going to look after Lillian while we are gone thankfully. I didn't want to leave her here with poor Lottie.

I'm finishing up my packing now.

"I'm surprised you own anything other than graphic T-shirts and shorts Angel." Shuri looks through my closet.

"Listen here, we can't all be fashionable like you. Plus I always opt for comfortability." I shrug my shoulders.

"Either way you're beautiful no matter what you decide to wear." She kisses my cheek.

"Are all your bags packed?"

"No, I'll just buy more clothes when I get there."

"That's ridiculous, why would you waste your money on that when you can just bring what you have." I say.

"Why not, plus I don't have any winter clothes I don't want to freeze half to death." She says.

Shuri is coming with us to visit my family. She and her family are in some huge argument and my mom and dad are bringing her with us. I think she told my mom about her family stuff. I just don't get why she won't talk to me. I try not to think about it often, it'll just cause us to get in a weird space.

In other news, I honestly think she feels the same way about me that I do about her. My feelings for her have only grown stronger, I think I'm going to tell her after Christmas.

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" She asks.

"Nothing, just thinking about this trip and how complicated it'll be not to crawl in bed with you at night." I lie.

"Can't crawl into bed with me if I'll be sleeping with Simon." She laughs.

She helped me finish packing before she leaves. We're all meeting for dinner tonight to exchange our Secret Santa gifts. I pulled Joseph, I got him two tickets to see Drake and 21 Savage in the summer. My dad knows the promoter at the arena they're performing at in Miami so I got them early, front-row tickets too.

Since we leave early tomorrow I put my bags by the front door before heading out. I have to stop by the mail room to get the tickets. After grabbing the tickets from my mailbox, I text Alexis to tell her I'll meet her and Morgan by the front entrance since I'm riding with them. Before I know it I slam into someone like a complete doofus.

"I'm so sorry, I should've been payin- Hi." I say to Kaleb whom I haven't talked to since our blowout.

"Hey" he half smiles.

"How are you?" I ask.

"I'm doing okay, school has been kicking my ass but what's new. How about you?"

"I'm really good, I'm actually on my way to meet my friends for dinner, I had to come to grab these." I wave the tickets in the air.

"What are your plans for the holiday? He asks.

"I'm going to upstate New York with my family an-" I just smile.

He scratches his mustache. "And Kathleen? It's Okay. I have wanted to talk to you for a while, I just didn't know if I should come to you or let you come to me."

"Okay, we can talk whenever you're free." I half smile.

"I know you're meeting with your friends but is now fine? I don't think it's good for us to go into the new year with unresolved issues."