I wake up in the morning wide awake for the day

if anyone didnt know, but that was a lego movie song quote title jsyk.

MENTIONS OF DRUG USE

Dave arose from his mattress on the floor, head pounding, he laid back down. He looked around his messy room, posters hung up for special events the circus he worked at had. Dave took a minute  to reflect on everything on his life, he ever so vividly remembered the day Henry took him under his wing and let him stay at the circus. "He took you in when the world shut you out.." Dave always recited to himself every morning, not in a way of worship but in a way of praise and thankfulness to the man. 

Dave looked at his floor, scattered pills laid around from a prescription bottle, well 'prescription' as in 'Pills Henry gave me to help my body be healthier'  or something closer to that line. He usually always counted how many he had in the morning to make sure he never overdosed. Dave counted the pills one by one and placing them back in the bottle. "34, so I had thirty-.....uh," Dave quickly picked up a sticky note on the side of his mattress / bed / 'floortress'  and read it, he always put how many was left on said note, "35, hallelujah I guess." 

Dave stood up and grabbed his work outfit from his closet. It had a few tears, but they were (somewhat) fixed by Dave's desire to try and sew things back together. (Regarding the scars on his fingers every now and then.) He enjoys the thought of fixing things, putting them back together, or just simply improving them! 

Dave put on his normal outfit, and tied his hair back in a loose ponytail. He had a feeling today would be a good day. 

Dave walked over to the circus, he was ready to get the day up and running. When he first walked in, the other employees eyed him, makes sense since he is purple - something he hated about himself, everyone looked at him weirdly, at least Henry was like him, he was pink. Dave was greeted by Henry who was pointing to areas around the circus ring for the employees to work on, "Hello, William." His voice was cold, probably a rough morning. 

"Hi Henry! What's my job today?" Dave was always given various jobs during work days, it was a fun thing to do.

Henry thought for a moment, "You'll be introducing the guests." 

Dave's heart dropped, he hated this specific job, he's done it rarely but it's still a pain in the gut to see people mentally judge him. "Uh...right..." Dave muttered looking away. 

"There's a new family in town, I want you to take this role for the rest of week, they need to know what goes on in this town." Henry replied. Dave nodded solemnly before walking over to the entrance of the circus.  

The circus eventually had people coming in, familiar faces, however some did look at Dave oddly. He did his best being the most friendliest he could to most of anyone, he didn't want to disappoint the circus and mostly importantly, Henry. 

When Dave was about to close the entrance doors, an older male and a much younger red headed girl ran over. 

"Do you happen to have seats open for 3 more? Sorry if you were about to close up but Dee here was really hoping to see the first show." The man said almost out of breathe, he barely seemed to acknowledge Dave's skin. 

"3? But there's-" Right as he was about to finish, another male came up behind the first male The man had, orange skin. Dave's eyes widened at him, "You- uh are you with this group??" Dave was a mess, there was someone else like him! Oh, and he looked about his age - kind of shorter however.