If you leave now, you are no different than her.

What about Carl? About all the others? Glenn, who saved you. Hell, they all saved you. You're just going to leave them?

What if you die? What then? Will they spend their lives looking for you, to find out you were trapped somewhere and turned years ago? Just like Sophia.

The girls who followed the same fate, years apart.

She had had enough of the constant battle between thoughts, so she got up, slinging her bag back over her shoulder. She didn't dare take another look at Carl, as she knew If she did she'd tie herself to his side with anything she could reach. His light breaths echoed on the quiet concrete, making Jane's falter a little.

She swiftly shuffled past, a single tear rolling down one cheek. She's wasn't strong, but maybe, this was her chance to be. To show everyone that she can fight for the right thing. For what she loves.

Too deep in thought to notice quick enough, her bag caught on the handle of a resting broom, knocking it to the floor with a large clang. Right next to Carl's cell.

Great.

She tried to walk away, swiftly at that, but her heart stopped when she heard his quiet, groggy 'I've just woken up' voice from behind, as his curtain pulled back with no hesitation.

"Jane?" He said, scratching at the back of his neck.
His eyes took a bit to adjust, but when he really knew it was her, not just a guess, it was evident he was trying to put the pieces together.

"What are you doing?" By this time, he had already noticed the backpack on her shoulder, and the jacket that was so big it almost swallowed her whole.

She paused for awhile, wondering if she should answer.

"Im going to look for my mother."

He didn't dare speak, instead, he just moved closer towards the girl.

She sighed, placing her bag down on the cold floor, walking over to him. She could see his face more clearly now, his eyebrows arched and his eyes glistening.

"I have to go. I have to find her. She's my mom. This is my chance. My chance to show everyone that I do care. That I can fight for the things that I love. That I don't just stand around, useless. I can do something.
I just want my mom back."

He paused for awhile, taking in everything she had just thrown at him.

"Please stay," Was all he could muster.

The words entered her brain slowly, sending nervous signals to spiral down her whole body. Her lips melted into a devastating smile, and her eyes had cried too much to keep going.

"I can't."

"Then I'm coming with you."

"You can't. You have family here. I don't."

"So what am I to you then?"

She paused, dodging his question. To truthfully answer would be too painful. Too cruel.
"I don't want to leave you. But, she's my mom. I have to go."