A small laugh came from Haneul, as she shook her head repeatedly at his unexpected words. "Heeseung, you're making me form an unwanted ego.. kinda like you, not gonna lie." She let out between her laughter.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" He frowned, biting back a smile before rolling his eyes playfully.

"..don't worry about it." She replied, earning a huff from the boy. "Anyways, do you know when you're free..? To, you know, play Fifa?"

"Ah.. I'm currently at work right now, but I'm free later.. around six? If that works for you.. if not, we can always meet up on the weekend." Heeseung perked up, as Haneul nodded her head slowly.

"Oh? Sorry, I didn't know you were at work." She apologized profusely, only for the boy to quickly respond.

"Oh, no no. You're fine, don't worry. I'm on my break right now, so it's fine." He reassured the girl quickly, as she sighed in relief.

"Later works." She agreed, as Heeseung hummed in response. "At your house, right?" She added on, questioning herself if she should prepare for another person at her apartment.

"Yeah, that works. I'll send you my address." Heeseung stated, brushing his fingers through his hair.

"Okay! I'm gonna be completely honest, I felt like a little kid asking someone for a playdate." She admitted with a small laugh, as the boy let out a breath in amusement.

"It really did feel that way.." He sighed out in content, before looking up and making eye contact with Jake, who pointed to the food he was cooking, asking for assistance as the meal he was preparing wasn't his specialty, and he didn't want to serve food to the customers that wasn't the best it could be.

"Hey, I have to go now.. Jake needs my help with something. But, I'll see you later, alright?" He spoke, as the girl hummed in understanding.

"Okay, that's fine. See you later, Hee." She smiled, sending her farewells before pulling the phone away from her ear, waiting a few seconds before hanging up.

____

UPON ARRIVING AT his house, the girl stared at the pretty exterior as she walked to the front porch. The overgrown vines crawling up the white poles of the front porch step, pretty rose bushes aligned perfectly in the garden.

The way the sunshine casted a golden hue upon the white colored bricks, as well as the rocking chairs on the porch that moved slightly with the gentle breeze.

Pursing her lips, she knocked three times at the front door, stepping back slightly as she rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet, staring in awe as the rose bushes.

Soon enough, the door swung open, revealing none other than Heeseung, as he greeted her with a welcoming smile. "Haneul! You're here!" The boy exclaimed, as she hummed quietly, nodding her head before approaching him with a quick hug.

"I'm sorry it took me so long.. my Uber driver got a little bit lost on the way here." She explained, stepping inside as he gestured for her to.

Slipping her shoes off, she left them neatly next to the front door, listening to the boy standing before her.

"Don't worry about it. The extra time was nice, actually.. because I kinda lost my spare set of controllers, but luckily I managed to find them just before you arrived." He admitted, pursing his lips as the girl chuckled slightly.