iv. constellation of stars.

❝ a hero isn't someone who saves the day

a hero isn't someone who saves the day. a hero is showcasing their journey, their sacrifice,their triumph. that was mahi gupta for y'all

──── author

• • •

THE NEXT DAY, MAHI entered the school. What tended to attract the audience even more was her being casual about everything, like as if she hadn't received the red card.

Jae came to the scene, waving at Mahi who waved back, relieving Jae. The latter approached Mahi with a bubbly smile. "Mahi! I thought you wouldn't come!" she exclaimed, throwing up her hands in the air for more emphasis.

Mahi chuckled, "meh, I mean, who would put these bitches back in their places if not for me and you?" she wrapped an arm around Jae's shoulder.

Jae giggled, "We make the best duo." She spoke.

"Now you found out about it?" Mahi remarked, and the two ended up snickering their way up to their classes.

....

THE DUO WERE AT THEIR LOCKERS. As if those two were destined, Mahi's and Jae's lockers were just opposite to each other.

Jae was in the middle of finding her Sociology book whereas Mahi looked a little lost, which Jae was curious on knowing why.

"Hey!" Jae snapped her fingers in front of Mahi, making the Indian snap out of her thoughts.

"what's that you're holding??" Jae tilted her head, staring at something which Mahi was holding.

"Oh this?" Mahi broke out of her musings, "This is a pendant my grandfather gave to me before his demise. It's really precious and he left a lot of good memories and advices behind." She explained briefly, her heart clenching.

"Ooh." Jae muttered. "I'm sorry about that, but I am pretty sure Grandpa Gupta was someone really awesome for you to be talking about him like this!" She gave an encouraging smile to Mahi, who wiped a tear from her cheek.

"Thank you, and yes, he was. . ." Mahi breathed off, reminiscing about the past.

"can I take a look?" Jae inquired, leaning over Mahi's shoulder.

"Yeah sure, just be careful." Mahi smiled softly, earning a short nod from the half thai and Korean girl.

Though before Jae could take it, another person snatched it away.