001 - how many walkers you killed?

Start from the beginning

  She paused for a second, taking deep breaths as she reached into her bag, grabbed her handgun from inside, quickly zipped up her bag and threw it over her shoulders. She could hear the walkers quickly catching up to her. It quickly dawned on her how many there really were, there was no way she could kill them without running out of ammunition — which she was lacking.

  Hopeless, she gave up her idea of shooting them, but she kept her gun in hand just in case, so she didn't end up like her dad. Walkers scared her, and killing them scared her even more, especially after her father was bitten.

  In a panicked state, she ran as fast as she could, soon running out of breath and energy. She felt like she was running through water, and she could hear her heart pounding in her ears. As she thought of being bitten, panic raced through her as she felt a burst of adrenaline course through her veins.

Trying to catch her breath, she forgot to focus on her steps, causing her to trip over a tree that must've fallen over. She fell into a big ditch, her knee twisting as she landed. As she fell, you could hear the thud of her falling and the ripping of flesh. She caught her breath quickly before she let out an agonising scream, covering her mouth with her hand so she didn't attract more walkers.

  Pain radiated from her knee to her toes, causing her to quietly sob into her hand. She couldn't move, she couldn't get up. She truly believed that this was when she was going to die.

  RICK AND DARYL SHARED A worried glance, Rick instantly reaching for his gun from the gun holster around his leg, as Daryl reached for his crossbow that was thrown over his shoulder. They heard muffled cries, coming from the same place they heard the scream of pain. It sounded like someone was either being ripped to death by Walkers, or they had fallen and injured themselves.

  They cautiously followed the noise, trying to find out where the source of the cries was coming from. Instead, they only found the horde of Walkers that had been chasing Rosalie. Half of them had lost interest in her, but the two men still hadn't noticed that the young girl was nearby.

  Daryl placed his crossbow on the floor, reaching for his knife, Rick put his gun back into the holster before grabbing his knife from his other leg. They both started to attack them, stabbing each one in the head once, pausing for a second to watch the lifeless body drop to the floor before moving on to the next.

  In a matter of no time, both men cleared out the horde of zombies, so they returned to tracking the source of the sobbing. Daryl reached for his crossbow, keeping it out just in case another few Walkers decided to turn up.

  Rick put a finger up to his lips to remind Daryl to keep quiet, then pointed to his ear, as if to signal he could hear it.

  "Is someone there?" The young girl cried out, struggling to speak between sobs of pain, "Help me! Someone! I'm stuck!" She called out, trying to pull herself up from the ditch but failing, only hurting her knee more, which made her let out a painful cry.

  Daryl pointed to the area where the noise came from, both on high alert, with their weapons on hand just in case.

  They followed the noise, and eventually came across a ditch with a small ginger-haired girl in there, tears streaming down her face — creating streaks down her mud-covered cheeks. She looked to be in extreme pain, causing Daryl to look at Rick with a persuasive look on his face.

  ROSALIE LOOKED UP, NOTICING TWO unknown men hovering above her, "Help me, please!" She croaked through small, quieter sobs. Daryl gave Rick a quick look before they both disarmed themselves.

They both leant over, grabbing a hand each as they pulled on the ginger girl's arms to lift her, "What's your name?" Rick asked, "I'm Rick, this is Daryl." He had long curly hair, with hints of grey throughout the curls, an unshaven beard and arctic blue eyes. Daryl on the other hand, had shaggy, brown hair that reached his shoulders and covered his face, he also had an unshaven beard, but it wasn't as long as Rick's, and also had blue eyes.

 𝐀𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐃 || 𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖑 𝖌𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara