10.Fire and Ice

It had been thirty minutes since Taehyung had told her to wait in the study room, promising to be back in five.

As Ahru sat there, her anger simmered. For someone who claimed to lead one of the biggest Mafia groups in Korea, his lack of punctuality was infuriating.

It was unprofessional and disrespectful.

"That teddy bear really thinks I have all the time in the world to wait for him," she muttered under her breath as she stood up, her patience worn thin. She opened the door to the study, her frustration driving her to leave.

As she stepped into the hallway, she noticed something unusual: the area was deserted. The house, typically guarded by bulky, intimidating bodyguards, now felt eerily quiet. The absence of security made her uneasy,

Just as she was about to take another step, a voice called out to her. "Dr. Lee, where are you going?"

Turning around, Ahru faced a young woman in her twenties, dressed formally in a way that contrasted with Ahru's own casual attire. The name tag pinned to her blazer identified her as Juhee. As Juhee approached, Ahru felt a cold, professional aura emanating from her.

"Home," Ahru replied calmly, not wanting to direct her anger at Juhee, who seemed to be just another cog in the machine.

"I'm afraid I must ask you to stay. The leader ordered me to inform you that he'll be here in another fifteen minutes," Juhee said, forcing a smile that didn’t reach her eyes. It was clear she was silently pleading with Ahru to comply to avoid facing Taehyung’s wrath herself. "Can I offer you something to drink? Coffee, tea, or water?"

"No, it’s fine. Fifteen minutes, is it?" Ahru repeated, watching as Juhee nodded assertively.

"I'll be in the study room then." Ahru decided to wait, partly out of sympathy for Juhee, who seemed competent and well-mannered. She wondered how someone like her ended up working in such a place. The people here, apart from Taehyung, seemed to come from good backgrounds and exhibited a certain level of professionalism. 'What a waste of talent,' she thought.

Before turning back to the study, Ahru asked, "Where is he, though?"

Juhee's expression shifted to one of panic, albeit briefly. "At the company," she answered, her voice betraying her discomfort.

Ahru had a hunch why Taehyung had chose her. Juhee was a good liar, but not good enough. Ahru could see the telltale signs: the fleeting eye contact and the slight stutter that came with dishonesty.

"I see," Ahru mumbled, walking back to the study with a sense of resignation. She decided to give Taehyung the benefit of the doubt for now, though she couldn't shake the feeling that he was testing her patience on purpose. She settled back into the chair, determined to confront him about his unprofessional behavior when he finally showed up.

                           ________________

Ahru opened her eyes, realizing she had dozed off while 'waiting'.

The room was dimly lit, the clock on the wall indicating it was 12:02 AM.

The sun had long set, and the sound of crickets filled the air. Frustration boiled over her.  She would have literally quit her job if not for Mrs Kim and Mr. Kim. She signed frustrated as she got up from the couch.'How unprofessional that man is 'she thought as she grabbed her bag ready to leave.

The entire day wasted, waiting for someone who clearly had no regard for her time.

Suddenly the door flung open so harshly that even the size of it couldn't stop it from banging backwards to the wall. The force of it  sending a loud bang resonating throughout the whole room breaking the silence.  She flinched from the sound eyes squeezing shut from the shock.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE??."the voice immediately caused her to open her eyes.

Finally Kim Taehyung was back.

His  dark eyes were hovering over her flashing dangerous aura.

Hearing him cursing Ahru had enough. There was a long stretched out silence, mostly Ahru calming herself down but failing miserably.

"After waiting for you half of the day. Is this how you are going to treat me Mr. Taehyung????! My work here ends at 6:00 p.m. and its freaking 12:05 in the morning." Ahru's voice was quite but in a way that the tone was deadly and destructive."I know you don't care about me but it's a part of basic etiquette."

Ahru wanted to step out of this man's presence but She noticed the red droplets oozing from his clenched hand, staining the white floor. Despite her anger, her concern as a doctor took over. "You should check—" she began, moving closer to examine his wound.

"I don't want to hear that bullshit of etiquettes or mannerism from anyone and stop raising your voice on me." Taehyung muttered quietly." no one should!!!" Taehyung could saw through his messy mind that his  words had hurted the smaller. He didn't meant to but it was pented up frustration within him acted that way.  Misdirected anger to be precise.

Ahru  clearly felt that Taehyung was not in his right mind. His either way ironed suit was torned off  near his shoulder.  his hair were dishelved and his eyes were dark like someone was ahead of himself and He  had found about it.

Seeing his injury as a doctor, habitually Ahru tried to examine the wound.  It looked like knife stab. She took mental note about it." You should check--".

Although she was angry  but she hurried over to him as she held his hand in hers , wanting to examine more but too her surprise within a second she was pressed up against the wall.

"I told you to leave. Don't fucking act like you care.!!" Taehyung cutted her in the middle of the sentence.  His tone on the edge of insanity.
"Let me tell you.. you are right.. I DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT YOU."he continued as he slammed both of his hand either side of her small body caging her, scaring her in the process.

Ahru’s heart raced as she found herself trapped between his arms, his dark eyes boring into hers with a mixture of anger and something she couldn’t quite decipher. She felt the adrenaline coursing through her veins, but she forced herself to stay calm, even as her body tensed up in fear she stumbled up against the wall  and  dropped her bag on the floor. ' he was okay this morning' she thought.
She didn't answered and pretended that he didn't exist for a moment.

She restrained herself by digging her nails onto the palm of her fists, as if that pain would allowed her to focus on something else, rather than this man in front of her. Instead of giving up Taehyung growled again.

"THAT FUKING WHORE--"

"KIM TAEHYUNG LANGUAGE." Ahru's tone made him jolted as she opened her fists staring at him intently challenging almost as if  it was itching to destroyed something.

"You did not just cut me off??!" Taehyung said voice quite and almost dangerous.

"I. ONLY. SAID. LANGUAGE. I AM NOT HERE FOR HEARING THIS SHIT, DO YOU HEAR ME??" Ahru screamed, every word bitten out with venom. She was in disbelief at just how low he could be.

Taehyung grabbed her one arm forcefully still caging her in between his arms. Ahru was sure that it will leave mark on her hand.

They both stared at each other for a long time until Ahru snapped out of it. In a swift motion, she thrashed her hand free from his grip, sending the lamp that once stood on the side table crashing to the floor.

The shattering sound of glass breaking filled the room, the pieces scattering across the floor like fragments of their confrontation.

The sound of glass breaking and Ahru's sharp hiss of pain broke Taehyung out of his trance. He quickly shifted his gaze to Ahru, who was now wincing in agony. A shard of broken glass had pierced her hand, and blood was beginning to trickle down her fingers.

"I think it's enough for today." Ahru retorted angrily as she stormed out of the room , leaving stunned  Taehyung behind.

.

.