Fun with Friends

Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

She felt the ticking of the clock that had been hanging on the wall echoing through her ears as she opened her eyes to the darkened room that she was sitting in. There was no one in the room. The curtains were closed, which explains the darkness of her surroundings.

She got up and made her way through the hallway to the outside grounds where everyone, including her friends, was supposed to be hanging out. But walking through this hallway felt unreal. As if she was just floating through a dream.

Maybe because it was a dream. Let's just say Camellia Strainwards had a hard time being in reality.

But all the doubts of this moment being a dream faded when she saw her friends standing at the back corner of the ground, laughing about something one of her friends said. Standing at the entrance to the grounds a part of Camellia wanted just to turn back and return to the dark class she was in.

The ground premises were filled with students scattered into their own groups of friends talking and shouting anything that probably came into their mind. Walking through the whole crowd Camellia approached her friends.

"Hey Camellia, what took you so long to come? We were waiting for you to arrive" her friend Hailey asked, making her other friends' attention focus on her.

"I was extremely tired that when I arrived at the classroom, I decided to take a nap but fell so deep asleep that I didn't even hear the bell ring" she continued" and none of my classmates apparently bothered to wake me up".

"What made you fall asleep that deep? Didn't you get enough sleep last night?" It was Tania's voice that asked the question this time.

"I had an assignment to finish and had to stay awake until night to finalize it resulting in me going to sleep much later than I normally do" Camellia replied in strained way which did not go unnoticed by her friends. Her voice always strains when she's hiding something.

The truth was that the assignment was supposed to be a group project but none of her team members were doing their assigned part of the work by the time she had asked them so she can complete it, making her stay up late last night finalizing everything that the team members finally decided to send to her. There was a reason she clearly hated being the leader of team projects, and once again this added to her reason for hating them.

"Really? Among all of us you are the only one that actually do the work right on time and you are saying you waited until the due time to finalize an assignment, what are you hiding" Massi asked, and Camellia knew better than anyone that lying to her is useless since she'll get everything out of her mouth some way or another.

So that's what Camellia said, the truth of how her team members weren't helping her during the group assignment.

Honestly the reason she didn't tell the full truth to her friends in the first place was because every one of her friends were getting along with their new classmates, they got this year and she felt bad about herself that she was having a hard time connecting with her classmates. She was worried because it has already been 7 months to the school year and there's no improvement and she's supposed to spend her next one and a half year with the same classmates.

After a while, the principal came to the small stage in front of the ground, making the chaotic sound spread across the ground to settle down to silence. The principal's voice echoed through the ground speakers.

After about fifteen minutes, which felt like an hour, the principal finished her talk, and everyone could go to their classes. Camellia and her friends took their time and finally had to bid goodbye once they were in their own classes.