Greed Chapter 2: Not correct.

Start from the beginning

"Garfiel, what's the meaning of this?" Ram questioned.

"I just saw th't bastard out there...with th'princess 'n th'girl...and that merchant coward."

"What are you talking about?" Ram questioned once again as she was tempted to hit Garfiel's head. Subaru paid close attention to what was said, starting to see that this was probably the cause of the sudden change.

Although he was confused by the things he was saying, he had realized that he mentioned the word 'merchant'. This caused him to say:

"Wait, are you saying that...Otto is back?"

Garfiel turned towards Subaru, seeing him here. This made him angry as he started to think that he's being messed with after he encountered him in the woods.

He approached Subaru at a rapid pace before landing a punch on him.

"Stop messin' with me!"

As Subaru was sent flying a few feet back, Ram approached Garfiel to smack him in the head.

"What were you thinking, Garfiel?!"

"Th's fucker's messin' with me! He was in th'forest with th'princess!"

"If you're referring to Emilia-sama, she hasn't left her room."

"What?! Impossible! I know what I saw!"

"Perhaps you are tired and are hallucinating."

"I'm not th't tired!"

"Doesn't matter, apologize to Subaru-sama."

"Ha! Nice joke. Never gonna apologize t'th't piece of shit."

Ram gave him a sharp glare as she began to speak in a serious tone.

"You will apologize, Garfiel."

"It's fine, Ram." Subaru spoke in a blank expression as he slowly got back up. "He probably encountered a witch cultist if what he's saying's true."

"If that's the case, we should inform the Sword Saint—"

"I'll handle it."

Subaru spoke with a bit of determination, wanting to confront this new anomaly to have a plan for the next loop and the loop after that.

He walked into the forest without a care for his life, as he needed to disregard his life should he want a future where everyone was happy.

"If it is the witch cult, what will you do? Allow yourself to be killed?" Echidna asked, curious on how her partner would respond.

'I need information. Dying for the sake of dying won't help. I can throw away my life but I need it to be worth it, otherwise it'd be a waste of a life.'

"That is true, dying without gaining anything from it would be a waste of time. But I'm referring to how you will handle them? You aren't strong enough to fend for yourself. Perhaps having the Sword Saint by your side would've been the wiser choice."

'No. I don't want to risk losing possible information that could help in finding Gluttony.'

Although the goal is for Emilia to win the Royal Selection in order to get the blood of the dragon, a method that can help wake Rem from her slumber, finding Gluttony could also help in his quest in saving Rem.

Echidna knew this but didn't object to this since this could be interesting, if Natsuki Subaru found another way around Gluttony's effect.

While Subaru began to walk into the forest all alone, someone had grabbed his hand with a tight grip.