Chapter 3: Part 2: The First Day

Start from the beginning

She eventually decides it's the only way she would get herself to fall asleep through the night- she wanted to feel cozy- she wanted to feel warm- she wanted to sleep… and besides, nobody needed to know, right?… 

She pulls it over her head and keeps it on the whole night, instantly falling asleep… she'd even manage to sleep entirely throughout the turbent rocking that the boat made when the ocean waves become a little more rougher at night… or it could have lulled her even more into deeper sleep..? But for Rafe, his sleep had been quite different- but we won't get into that..

Anyway, her sleep was very deep… the kind that when she'd woken up she'd forgotten where she was and what she was supposed to be doing… only for it to then slowly click that she'd been on Rafe's yacht and they had been heading off for Barbados. 

She quickly glances around, and then down at her phone… it's charge was still half way, but with no reception, she wasn't able to receive messages from either her parents or her friends- she really should have maybe let them know where she was- something she'd just begun to realize. 

It's only six thirty in the morning, and her brain feels groggy… kind of almost hung over, really. 

She wanders out from the room, hoping that either Rafe was still asleep or that he was out on the other end of the yacht- so she wouldn't have to run into him so soon- or talk to him.

He hadn't been in the cabin so he had to be up.    

Rubbing her eyes- trying to force herself awake, she walks up and out onto the back deck, holding to the railing as the boat bobs up and down… first thing she sees as her eyes slant open again is Rafe standing at the edge of his yacht taking a piss into the ocean, holding a smoke between two fingers in his other hand. 

She takes a step back a little and moans- letting the motion of the boat pull her back a little. She rubs a hand into her hair... her voice she could tell was groggy and she knew it would sound croaky when she'd speak.

"What have I gotten myself into?" she mumbles out- mostly to herself- the air still cool enough to produce clouds of condensed air. She watches him and her face twists into disgust.

Rafe turns rapidly hearing her, tucking it back in. 

"What?" 

"I said your disgusting." she repeats with a smirk. 

"Ok." he scoffs, running a hand along his gray slacks, like it was going to clean it somehow. "Good to know. Thought you said you weren't talking to me." he scoffs, an unsure look screwing up his face. 

She crosses her arms, ignoring him, hugging herself as her gaze turns and looks briefly outward toward the vibrant colors stretching across the dawning sky… a faint content smile forming on her face- and Rafe could see she looked at ease. 

His gaze follows hers… but as it returns his brows lift upon realizing she's wearing his sweater. His eyes widen then, frozen as they dart over her quickly… his gaze narrows and falls to how she's chosen to wear his sweater-? cover herself in him..? 

what the fuck?- is his first thought.. 

His heart begins to pump harder then… What was she doing- Why was she wearing his sweater- what?…

Something fills his veins, making his skin feel hot… he wants nothing more than to let her know how hot she looked in it- she could wear his clothes anytime… he couldn't control how his veins were pumping with something kind of strong in them… he starts to imagine what she'd look like in only his sweater and her underwear…