41- Court

I took my seat I was sat at the front with Kyles dad and some other fancy court people I had just met.

Over the last week Gerald had taught me about the rules of magistrate court and what was going to happen.

So I roughly knew how the trial will work.

A girl I didn't recognise sat on the same side as me on a different desk.

A fancy looking man that was sat next to her, stood up and walked to the front.

After handing the judge a few pieces of paper he began to speak.

"I am the lawyer of Mia Wilson, I am going to proof today that Lucas Smith is guilty of rape."

I winced at the words, I looked at the girl sympathetically.

No one deserves that

She looked probably a year younger than me, my heart broke for her.

The lawyer gave a summary of the case and provided certain evidence, which was a bag of pills and a few text messages between Lucas and a mystery number, Speaking about what he was planning to do to Mia.

Fucking disgusting.

The lawyer then called up a few witnesses, that all told their side of the story.

Each story matched up.

One of the witnesses began to get emotional, I later on found out that was Mias best friend that found her after the incident.

That hit close to home and made my eyes water slightly.

Then finally Mia was called up

Mia walked to the stand and introduced herself

"Hi I am Mia and I am a survivor of Lucas smith"

The lawyer spoke up

"Mia can you please tell us what happened the night of the incident"

She let out a shaky breath before speaking into the built in microphone

"I was at my friends house for her birthday, she invited me and our close friends. As well as Lucas and some other friends I didn't know, who she knew from her old school. That night we had nothing to drink it was just a fun relaxing evening, eventually we all fell asleep in the living room together. I woke up in the middle of the night and was freezing so I decided to sleep in my friends bed, I knew she wouldn't mind. After a few minutes Lucas had came into the room, he offered me a glass of water which I was stupid enough to drink. After small talk I became dizzy and couldn't really think, I felt confused and could barely move. I felt paralysed. That's when he came onto me, he began kissing me and undressing me. I clearly remember saying stop and that I do not want to have sex with him. He obviously didn't listen.. that's when I was fully unclothed I felt weak, I tried to scream for help but my voice wasn't coming out. He undid his trousers and then began to rape me."

Mia continued into detail, I winced at everything she said

How can an individual be so sick and crawl.

The lawyer nodded after asking a few more questions

"Thank you Mia"

He continued

"I think all of this is vital and clear evidence of what crime Lucas has committed, thank you."

The lawyer sat down

The judge thanked him before speaking up

"Now can we please have Stanley marshes case"

Gerald patted me on the back before standing up