Chapter 17: Sisters

Comenzar desde el principio

"We have a very difficult day tomorrow," Lauren began. "I have a lot of work and I may be back very late. But I would like to take you to eat at that sushi restaurant that I mentioned. I know that all the dates that I tell you are about food but I promise you that it will be worth it."

"Aren't we going to have breakfast together anymore?"
Lauren smiled.

"Of course." she caressed her hair, tangling her hand in the soft strands and closed his eyes. "We can have lunch too, if
you want."

"I'd love to," Camila replied without hesitation. "I would love to spend more time with you and get to know each other more."

"We can play twenty questions if you want," Lauren said sarcastically and started to laugh.

"We Could," Camila smiled, seeing that they were going to the twenty-fifth floor. "What is your favorite color?"

"But tomorrow..." Lauren said smiling but finally answering. "I really like blue, but it is changeable. I don't have a favorite. And you?"

"I really like blue too." She continued hugging Lauren and inhaling that pleasant smell of hers. "Do you have siblingsngs?" Lauren didn't respond immediately but continued to hug her tenderly. Camila thought about changing her question. From what she had been able to tell all night, Lauren didn't talk about her family.

"I have two siblings," Lauren said with an insecurity in her voice that Camila hadn't heard in all the hours they'd been together. "Taylor, who's my sister, and Christopher." They are both younger than me and live in Miami.

"You are from Miami?" Camila asked softly.

"I'm not from anywhere" Camila was going to say something else but the sound of the elevator arriving at Lauren's floor made them separate. Lauren gave her a sweet kiss on the cheek. "Good night, rags."

"Good night, Your Highness," Camila whispered, and Lauren turned for a moment to look at her. Camila stopped the elevator doors. "Tomorrow then?"

"Tomorrow," Lauren said. "I'll wait for you at the pool at eight."

"I'll be there, we still have seventeen questions left." Lauren nodded, still looking at her, and Camila finally let the doors close. Lauren stood in the hallway watching the elevator doors for a moment and then turned to start walking to her room. In her hand was still the rose that Camila had given her Lauren looked at it for a moment and a small smile filled her face.

Lauren accepted that Camila was a beautiful woman. She was funny, sweet, loving and special. For Lauren it was not common to see all that in each one of the people. But
Camila had something special. Something that had made Lauren break through her usual barriers and behave like a totally different woman. Lauren searched for her key thinking that that day she had acted in a way that was different for her. She had laughed and enjoyed and felt free in a strange and irrational way.

It wasn't really her and that scared her, a lot. Something strange was happening that she didn't want to analyze. She herself had been surprised when she had invited Camila on a second and a third date. Two date on the same day. This was ridiculously weird.

Lauren entered the room, and as she did so, a strong dizziness caused her to lean against the wall. Her breathing hitched for a moment.

"Not a good time," she whispered to the empty room as she tried to reach the bed. The pain was intense as it always was when she suffered from those migraines. They were usually due to stress because they hit her infrequently. She had felt a few pangs while they were in the park with Camila but she had ignored them. And now it seemed that everything had been unleashed in her head.