Chapter 1: Entering the Academy

It has been two years since Akimistu had gotten his Pokemon partner, his shiny Cyndaquil. A seven-year-old Akimistu slept peacefully in bed until Cyndaquil jumped onto his stomach, waking him up with a start.

"Ah!" Akimistu exclaimed, startled.

"Wake on up. You start the academy today, remember?" Cyndaquil said.

"Ugh, you don't have to jump on me like that through," Akimistu muttered, getting from under the blankets.

"Well, somebody has to wake you. Didn't set the alarm as your father told you to last night," Cyndaquil said."Also, remember how you always got startled when you heard me talk," She said with a laugh.

"Well, after realizing it wasn't my imagination as I kept hearing you that first week we became partners," He said, getting out of bed with his white pajamas on."I decided to tell my parents, and they said it was rare, but some members of the clan were gifted with the ability to understand Pokemon. Only a few have awakened the gift, one being the clan founder Chie Poketto," He stated, heading towards the bathroom.

"Good, I was sick of you freaking out when it should have been exciting to hear me talk, and better set that alarm tonight," Cyndaquil commanded.

"Geez, your commanding for a young Cyndaquil," He commented, grabbing his clothes and entering the bathroom to shower.

Cyndaquil laughed softly to herself as Akimistu shut the bathroom door behind him, seeing his behavior to be good entertainment.

A good ten minutes later, Akimistu walked out of the bathroom dressed in a white and grey jacket with a black shirt underneath and black pants. On the back of the jacket was an orange Pokeball silhouette.

He combed a hand through his peach hair that reached past his ear slightly, having grown longer over the past two years

"Come on, let's go eat breakfast before father or mother come yelling for me," He said, walking towards the door as Cyndaquil climbed onto his shoulder.

"They wouldn't need to do that if you remember to set your alarm," Cyndaquil commented.

"Oh, stop it already," He said in annoyance, opening the bedroom door and walking out of the room.

Cyndaquil remained quiet as they headed downstairs to go eat breakfast.

~~~~~~~

Akimistu walked into the kitchen to see his father sitting at the table, drinking a hot cup of tea. He was wearing a black long-sleeve and grey pants. In a high chair next to him was a four-year-old Chika, who was wearing an adorable black and white dress.

His mother was at the stove finishing up the last of cooking breakfast.

"Morning," Akimitsu greeted with a warm smile.