From Grom to griffins

Emira woke up late: she was half dreading the fate that was Grom, if it was her choice she wouldn't go. Sadly, her Mother, Odalia, thought the contrary and was too busy with keeping up the Blight reputation to care about her opinions.

Emira Blight wasn't unpopular, well, she may of been. Her and Edric, her twin brother, refused to accept that fact. (likewise for many things)

It may have been the endless teasing and taunting to others, perhaps it was that many thought of the blight twins as "stuck-up, spoilt brats" or that they never tried in class but they didn't care for others opinions. They were the inseparable duo that would pull through no matter what.

Emira pondered that fact as the brushed her knotted emerald-green hair. Forgetting that she ought to be ready for school,  the green-haired witch stumbled downstairs - stuffing a slightly-burnt piece of buttered toast into her mouth as she went- 

"Hey Edric." Emira quipped just before he jumped out behind of a wall, "Whats up with you grumpy-pants?" He questioned playfully. Emira, clearly taking it the wrong way, made up a snarky comeback. "What do you want Edric?" (she then rolled her eyes) "I've found us dates for Grom! We can both go without worrying about each other, they seem decent at least, c'mon Em, this may be the last one of these we have, plus, it'd be even more boring not to go at all."

Edric may have been right but she was still sceptical about it. "Alright then" Emira laughed, "We better go now, Mittens has already left."

Emira Blight knew she had agreed to Edric's deal but she still had an uneasy feeling about it. It didn't bother her too much; as the day waned she almost completely forgot about it. Unfortunately, night soon rolled around the corner and Grom started.

The twins stood there, in the over-crowded hall, alone. They had been stood up.

"Seriously, Edric?" Emira half-heartedly moped. "Im sorry" He said truthfully, "I really thought they would have turned up by now."

"Its fine, it wasn't your fault anyway." The tall witch then continued sheepishly, "I don't know what's gotten into me recently."

Deep in Edric's heart, he was ridden with guilt. Edric had known that Emira had been dreading Grom. It would have been better if they didn't go at all! well, it wasn't their choice anyway, they both knew that. 

Unfortunately, (or fortunately in the case of some) Hexside was closing and soon the mass of students left.

"Lets go Em, we need to get home." Edric and Amity both sighed: it had been a long night.

"You guys can go ahead, I need to get some stuff from my locker" The sorrowful student lied.

Emira Blight was in fact not going to her locker. Emira Blight was going to venture into the woods, she knew it was dangerous. To be truthful, she couldn't care less.