Chapter 13: Isengard Unleashed.

Meanwhile. The people of Rohan continued to walk down more hills. "How much farther?" Sansa asked Eowyn.

"Not too far, My Lady." Eowyn answered. And as soon as they reached one top of the Hill, they saw the Fortress of Helm's Deep in front of them. Helm's Deep itself was a Fortress in between the Mountains with a Winding Bridge to it's only entrance, and a Deeping Wall in-between one edge of the Keep and the side of the Mountain. And a large tower in-between the Keep and the Wall. 

"At last! Helm's Deep. There it is, Helm's Deep. We're safe!" The people started chanting. 

"We made it." Sansa nodded her head. "Now this is a Keep we should've been using." 

"We're safe, My Lady. Thank you." One Lady went up to Eowyn. 

The gates of Helm's Deep opened. Soldiers and people were everywhere. Evidently, there were a lot of refugees fleeing to Helm's Deep. A part of Helm's Deep reminded Sansa of the tales she heard back at Casterly Rock. A Fortress built inside a Mountain. And another part of Helm's Deep reminded her somewhat of Home. She could also see Eothain and Freda going up to their long lost Mother who was embracing her children. "Mama! Eothain! Freda!" 

"Where is the rest?" Eowyn asked a soldier about the food provisions. 

"This was all we could save, My Lady." The Solider answered.

"Take it to the caves." Eowyn ordered.

"You have a cave system too?" Sansa asked. 

"You don't?" Eowyn asked. 

"We have a crypt." Sansa answered. 

That was when they suddenly heard shouting from the gates. "Make way for the king." 

Sansa was so happy to hear it. "They made it back!" She then looked at Eowyn. "I told you they would!" 

"And you were right." Eowyn agreed. "Come on." 

Théoden, Gimli, Legolas, Jon, and the Hound all rode in with what was left of the Rohirrim Soldiers. "Make way for Théoden. Make way for the King." Soldiers were ordering. 

Eowyn and Sansa ran up. Their eyes searching. 

"So... this is Helm's Deep." The Hound looked around him. "Not... bad..." He admitted. "It's no King's Landing... but, I'd prefer this place over King's Landing any day." 

Jon still had his head hanging down. 

"Jon!" Sansa yelled.

Jon looked at her. He was not going to be able to break this news well and diminish Sansa's excitement. "Sansa..." He started to say. 

And there was something on Jon's mind. Sansa could tell. "What is it?" She asked. 

"So few." Eowyn noted. "So few of you have returned." 

Théoden dismounted his horse. And then he looked at his niece. "Our people are safe. We have paid for it with many lives." He said. 

Gimli had walked up to Eowyn. "My Lady. Sansa." He said. 

"Lord Aragorn... where is he?" Eowyn asked.

But the look in Gimli's eyes said it all. "He fell." Was all he managed to say. 

"No." Sansa shook her head in disbelief. "He can't be... he... he... can't..." 

"I'm sorry, Sansa. He fell off the cliff. No one could've survived it." Jon answered.

"No... no... no!" Sansa started sobbing into Jon's arms. "We lost Aragorn too!" And another one was lost. Gandalf, Boromir, and now Aragorn. Granted, Gandalf did come back to life. But he was a Wizard. And Boromir and Aragorn were just men.