"Then you better stop Atlas before that happens," she tried to smile and Percy had no idea how she could make a joke at a time like this.

And then Percy was pulled away by Artemis. "Don't give up!" he called. "You can do this!"

And he was plunged into the fray of battle as Cressida was left literally holding the weight of the world.

Her vision was fuzzy when she could open her eyes, the battle being shown to her in glimpses. And Artemis, a blur of silver. She had two wicked hunting knives, each as long as her arm, and she slashed wildly at the Titan, dodging and leaping with unbelievable grace. She seemed to change form as she manoeuvred. She was a tiger, a gazelle, a bear, a falcon - or maybe that was just the pain. Zoë shot arrows at her father, aiming for the chinks in his armour. He roared in pain each time one found its mark, but they affected him like bee stings. He just got madder and kept fighting. Thalia and Luke went spear on sword, lightning still flashing around them. Thalia pressed Luke back with the aura of her shield. Even he was not immune to it. He retreated, wincing and growling in frustration.

A few creatures from Kronos's army kept Annabeth busy, hellhounds mostly, with their ability to shadow-travel. And Percy fought by her side for a while, his eyes filled with nothing but determination and anger before he joined Zoë in the fight against Atlas, Cressida's spear still shining in his hands.

As for Cressida, she was losing her battle.

She tried, she really did, but it just seemed to be getting heavier as she was forced closer to the ground, almost curled up into a ball as tiredness ate away at her.

And then came the voices.

It started with her brothers. With the words of encouragement, they said to her before she embarked on a dangerous quest.

"You are more than strong enough to survive this quest, powers or none," said Pollux.

"Cress you are the strongest kid in this camp. You got this in the bag," Castor said. "Cress has been on two quests already and if she wanted to, she could kick our asses, become cabin counsellor and then you'd really have nothing to say about it. She's growing up, dude."

"Prove them wrong. Prove to them how powerful you are. Prove to them what the Daughter of Dionysus can do."

Then came her father. It wasn't words but more so the proud look in his eyes that he gave her every time she made progress. When she grew her first grapevine. When she told him that she could make them move to her will. When she was able to keep her madness powers in complete check. When she was able to knock down her brothers with her spear for the first time. When she won the chariot race. When she completed her first quest. When she completed her second quest.

And then came Percy.

Percy who she'd become extremely close to after losing Annabeth. Percy who never lost faith in her. Percy who made her believe that she could do anything she put her mind to. Percy who annoyed her to no end, but she grew to like it, the bickering, it was one of her favourite pastimes. Percy who was her first friend. Percy who was the first person outside her family to give her a present for her birthday. And Percy.... who made her heart flutter, who made her feel more alive than she'd ever felt in her whole life when she kissed him.

And it was Percy who swore an oath to her. It was Percy who promised her father and her brothers that she'd make it back ok. It was Percy who came on this quest to make sure she was ok.

All the people in her life, they all believed in her. Now it was her turn to believe in herself.

"I am Cressida Lynn...I am the daughter of Dionysus.... I can do this."