CHAPTER THREE, love me like you do

Start from the beginning

Alaina sits between her friends on a bench. "Kai and I kissed months ago and we still haven't talked about it." Stephanie rolled her eyes.

Alaina glances a her with surprise. "Really?"

"Not even at the Shave Ice Truck?" Lahela furrowed her eyebrows.

Stephanie pouts. "No. I only got that job to push things along, but it's gotten me nowhere. I just need a moment alone with him. It's just tough because his dad is always around."

"You mean my dad?" Lahela raises her eyebrows and Alaina snickers. "Sorry, it's just weird talking about my brother like that." Lahela said with a grimace.

Stephanie nods in understanding. "I feel you. But I can't be in limbo with my...." She pauses after seeing the look Lahela sent her. "Nameless coworker forever." She continued, earning a small giggle from Alaina.

Lahela chuckles. "We both still know who you're talking about."

"I'm sure Kai will eventually will come to his senses and realize what a great girl you are." Alaina reassured her.

"I hope so." Stephanie sighs. She glances at Lahela. "But back to Walter and his wildly hot not-a-man fiend, Blake."

Lahela sighs, her shoulders dropping in defeat. "Things have just been rocky since he got back from Australia."

"Well, I'm sure everything will go back to normal now that he's back at home, living with his aunties." Stephanie reassures her. "Sharing a bathroom with sixteen middle-aged women keeps you humble."

"Speaking of the devil." Alaina teased, gesturing with a nod of her head to Walter, who was skating over to them.

After he did a skate trick, he takes his helmet off and walks over with a smile. "Hey. Sorry I'm late. But guess what? Now that I'm sponsored by Nuked, they're moving me and my surf buddies into their official house. It's like this insane three-story mansion on the North Shore." He grins. "Bye bye, aunties."

Stephanie stares at him with excitement and Alaina grins. "Walter, that's amazing!"

"More changes." Lahela comments, forcing a smile. "Yay!"

****

(alaina's outfit for this part of the chapter & for the shoes she has white converse)

After hearing that Nico's cancer was back, Alaina was devastated. She thought things were getting better, but she hated to find out the cancer was back. She hated that he had to deal with this. He didn't deserve this. She decided she was going to go visit him, not wanting him to be alone. Nico was sitting on his bed, looking down at his guitar, strumming quietly. She paused at the doorway to his room, smiling a little. She didn't really mean to listen in, but she was curious and usually her curiosity got the best of her. Plus he didn't realize she was there yet so she wanted to listen a little.