Babysitter Week: Part 1 [Chapter 2]

I am so sorry it took so long to finally update this fic. I will try to be atleast a little more consistent with the chapters, I promise I'll try as best I can to make sure to get y'all the next chapter BEFORE half a year goes by this time around.

October 22, 2023
I would just like to say thank you to JeremyJamesCrepes56 for giving me the motivation I needed to work on this again.

January 15, 2024                                                                                                                                                                    Yes, I am a terrible horrible person, no excuses here. just the simple loss then lack of motivation. I have end-of-semester projects and exams next week so I can't guarantee anything but I do hope that you all can take this as the peace offerring that it is. 

NOTE: Didn't mean to purposefully make it so fluffy, I was just feeling incredibly sappy for some reason so just deal with it for this bit please. 

~~~_=_+_=_~~~'';l';';'~~~][\'/.~~~_-_-_~~~]\'[~~~_=_+_=_~~~

Damian POV

Father had left a few hours ago, Grayson and Drake along with him. Pennyworth had just left as well, now it was just me and stupid Todd.

Back when I lived with my Mother and Grandfather, Todd had been an adequate bodyguard. Though, it seems he insists he was my babysitter, even now. Not that I'm denying the implication. But, I would rather die than admit such.

I am currently staying in my chambers. I cannot have Todd thinking that I will comply with him as easily as I had when I was a mere child. Something as simple as reading me a bedtime story won't make me agree to going to bed.

I am determined to go out for patrol, it doesn't matter if it is a school night, or that father forbade it. Without Batman and Nightwing, Gotham will need Robin. Drake's lack of presence won't make too much of a difference. Todd will take care of his area in Crime Alley and I'll handle Father's usual patrol route.

"Damian." I turned my head in mild surprise.

Todd was standing at the now open door, a small smirk on his lips as he leaned on the door frame.

"What is it Todd?" I eyed him suspiciously, patrol should be in an hour. Considering I am supposed to be in bed, he could be here to make sure I got to sleep - but I refuse to be benched for a week. I'll leave after he's out and then get back before his work ends in case he decides to check up on me. Afterall, nothing will stop me from going ou-

"Patrol's in an hour." he gave me a pointed look.

"I am aware," what was he going on about?

"Are you coming?"

"Will you allow me to?"

"You'll try to leave anyway right? Plus as long as you stay with me nothing should happen. Don't mess shit up for me and we'll be fine. Don't tell Bruce either."

I nodded. This was... unexpected but not unwelcome.

"Just don't get in my way." I wasn't going to get dragged down on one of my few supervision-less nights.

"Sure, kid"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person POV

Damian felt miserable and annoyed. He was being belittled! He wasn't a child!

They'd busted some drug exchange at an abandoned warehouse that Black Mask was running (real original), they'd almost gotten away without any fatal wounds but then Damian had gotten shot and Jason had to get in the way of him getting stabbed.