Chapter 15: A New Knight is Born

Start from the beginning

  Timeskip - Next Day

  It was after combat class and myself, Liebe, Leafa, Alice, Kirito, and Asuna were all working through the halls of the academy, talking about Mana Skin as I had been teaching them how to use it during training so that they could help with testing how much it would extend the time limit on wearing Makai Armor, and possibly allow women to become Makai Knights as well. During my time at the academy, I learned that women were not allowed to become knights. The reason why is because they were unable to withstand the burden of wearing the Makai Armor for as long as men. This was because a man's body is naturally much sturdier as it's built for strength and endurance, while a woman's was built for speed and agility, making them less fit to become Makai Knights, and this is why the Makai Order is rather strict with prohibiting women from becoming Knights. Understandable but still seemed unfair to me, this is one of the reasons why I came up with the idea of using the Mana Skin technique to lengthen the time limit of wearing the Armor, thus enabling the Makai Knights to fight longer against stronger Horrors without worrying as much about having to dismiss their Armor in the middle of the fight, and allowing women to wear it longer than they normally can.

While we were walking and chatting, Leon came up to us and he said, "Asta, the Watchdogs have decided to allow you the chance to further prove that you're worthy of Kiba. They instructed me to bring you to the Senate building right now, they will have the Armor ready for you when we arrive." I nodded before turning to the others before saying, "Sorry guys, but I have to go." Leafa replied, "It's okay, you just go and get your armor." The others nodded in agreement and I nodded back before leaving with Leon.

Timeskip - 1 hour

The Golden Knight and I had made it to the Senate building, where I was to meet with the Watchdogs who wish to see if I was worthy of the Dark Knight Kiba. Leon lead me to a meeting hall where I see many people who were emitting a radiant white glow in elevated stands that encircle the whole room. From what I've heard, these people were likely the Watchdogs of the Senate. In the center of the room, was one female Watchdog with blue eyes. She said to Leon, "So Garo, this is the one?" He replied, "Indeed, this is Asta, a new prodigy in the Makai Arts Academy." The Watchdog looked at me and said, "Welcome Asta to the Makai Senate, my name is Garm, I'm the Watchdog in charge of the eastern region of Clover Kingdom. I am also tasked with guarding the Armor of Kiba. I'm sure you're aware of why you were called here, correct?" I nodded and replied, "I am." "Well then, there's less to explain. So, let's get started, shall we?" She said as she pulled out a necklace with the same design style as a Mado Light, but with a blue gem that looked like an eye on the center.

  Garm then blew into it and two circles appeared around the gem, each rotating in different directions

Garm then blew into it and two circles appeared around the gem, each rotating in different directions. She then spun the necklace around in the between her, me and Leon, creating three light purple circles. She let go of the necklace and it floated under the circles before a suit of black Makai Armor, that emitted a strong dark aura, appeared before us. I knew right then and there, this was the Dark Knight Kiba.

Garm explained, "Unlike other Makai Armor, Kiba isn't summoned via the use of a weapon

Garm explained, "Unlike other Makai Armor, Kiba isn't summoned via the use of a weapon. The necklace I just used is a Mado Tool that is used to summon it. And since you already use your Anti-magic blades, which are able to slay Horrors, this armor is the best suited to you. However, before you can be granted the title of Kiba, you must remove the dark contract with Messiah from the armor. Do you believe you can accomplish this?" I looked at her with a determined expression on my face and said, "I do." I then pulled Demon Destroyer from my grimoire and walked towards the black armor before touching it with my blade and calling out,

"Demon Destroyer: Fate Release!"

A massive amount of Anti-magic was release from the sword and enveloped Kiba and I could feel the dark presence of the armor beginning to disappear. After a full minute, the dark aura was completely erased from the armor and the Anti-magic dissipated to reveal the Armor of Kiba with a much more polished appearance. I could hear everyone in the room gasp in awe at the sight before them and whisper amongst themselves about it being unbelievable or that the prophecy was true. Garm broke then said to me, "This is quite a surprise, the Armor of Kiba has been purged of Messiah's dark power after all these centuries. The prophecy is true. Now you have proven yourself worthy of the armor, and now have earned the right to become a titled Makai Knight. There's only one thing left for you to do. You must decide on a name for the new lineage of Knights you will begin. What name will you take as your family name, Asta?" I had been thinking about that for a while now, a surname for myself. I kept thinking and thinking about it, but I couldn't think of anything. That is, until I saw Kiba after I removed Messiah's dark power. I could picture the one who bears this armor, fighting against hordes of Horrors in the dead of night under the stars.

'Under the star lit sky, a single knight stands against the forces of darkness. He mowed down every Horror who hungers for the flesh of the innocent with his blade, protecting the helpless and his loved ones for as long as he draws breath. He never backs down, never wavering in his duty to defend humanity. The family of knights who battle evil by the light of the stars.....'

  I said to the Watchdog, "The name I've chosen, is Sternritter." Leon and Garm smiled at this and the latter then said, "By the right of the Makai Order, Asta Sternritter, you have been recognized as a Makai Knight and have been granted the title of The Dark Knight Kiba." Everyone in the room then clapped their hands to congratulate me in become a knight of the Makai Order, and I was honored to be one. Garm then dismissed the armor and handed the Mado necklace to me before saying with a smile, "Welcome to the Makai Order, Asta Sternritter." I took the necklace and replied, "Thank you, Garm. It's an honor." "You may now return to the academy, young Kiba. While you maybe a Makai Knight now, you must still study the ways of Makai before you are to be assigned to a district as his guardian." I nodded in acknowledgement and said farewell to her before turning to leave the Senate building and began to make my way back to the Makai Arts Academy with my new Armor in hand.