Chapter 12: Brother and Golden Knight Appears

(Asta's p.o.v.)

  It's been a month since Liebe and I completed our first assignment, with the help of Alice and Leafa of course. It's also been a month since Leafa and I had become a couple, and believe me when I say it was the happiest moment of my life to date. My only complaint was that Alice and Liebe continued to tease us when they found out. That aside, currently, we almost arrive back at the Makai Order. Along the way, Leafa and I noticed that her roommate and my devil partner were becoming rather close. When I sensed their Ki, I could tell that the two of them were developing feelings for each other, just like my elf girl was expecting. This meant that it was about time to get our payback on them for messing with us.

  When we had arrived at the city gates, we were greeted by the guards. "Welcome back, kids. How did your mission go?" One of them asked. Leafa responded, "It went better than expected. By the way, have you guys seen my brother and his group while we were gone?" The other guard answered, "Yeah, they came back a week ago. Kazuto and his group had been on another job while you guys were gone, and he was called in by the Watch Dogs just yesterday. They've been so impressed by his progress that they decide to Knight him." All four of us were surprised and happy for Leafa's brother, especially her. "Really?! That's amazing!! I can't wait to see him!" She said gleefully. I suggested, "After we report in to the Headmaster, why don't we go find him and congratulate him, Leafa? I bet he would love it." She smiled and replied, "Good idea, but remember what you said back in Heart?" I knew exactly what she meant and said, "Oh don't worry, I won't. I'd never forget about I promise I make. Especially with you."

  Her smile brightened more and the guards looked surprised, but quickly they adopted a smirk on their faces. We noticed this and Leafa asked, "What are you two looking at us like that for?" "Oh nothing, just impressed that the new kid was able to get a good woman so quickly after joining the Order." The first guard commented. I replied, "What? Did you think I was gonna be single all my life?" The second responded, "No, we meant what we said. Though, may I give you a word of advice?" I asked, "What might that be?" "Just don't start having kids until after you graduate, ok?" That made the two guards, Liebe, and Alice burst out laughing while me and Leafa turned as a red as tomatoes from embarrassment. Liebe walked over to the guards and gave them a high-five as they all continued laughing. Our embarrassment turned to anger and we shouted, "GO TO HELL, ALL OF YOU!!"

  Timeskip - half an hour

   After the two comedians had finished at us, we made our way back to the Academy to report back to the Headmaster. On the way there, Alice and Liebe started to do something friend small talk with us, which we ignored due to our being upset at them. "Still, I have to admit, I'm happy for the both of you. I was honestly surprised when you two met up with us that morning while holding hands." Alice said. Liebe added, "Truth be told, I was expecting you to get together in another month or two before we really started enjoying teasing you lovebirds." This was when Leafa replied, "Speaking of which, when are you two going to start dating?" The two of them blushed before Alice asked with a stutter, "W-w-what are y-you talking about?!" Liebe also stuttered his replied, "Y-yeah, there's n-nothing going on between us. We're just good friends!" We cheekily smirked and I asked, "Oh really? So nothing happened between you two when you were alone at night?" "You both were having a romantic stroll through the city at night after all." Leafa added which made the two of them turn redder. "Can't we talk about something else, please?!" Alice begged. I decided to play along for a bit and said, "Alright, instead of talking about what you two were doing on patrol............How about we talk about what you two were doing while you waited for us? You two Devils didn't do the forbidden, did you?" Steam began to emit from their burning red faces and they shouted, "SHUT THE HELL UP AND LEAVE US ALONE?!!!!" Leafa and I bursted out laughing as we continued walking to Gakuganji's office. 'Not so funny when the tables turn on you, is it?' I thought.