38 - Eloise

Depuis le début

"I don't want anything to drink tonight."

He chuckled as the limo started slowing down. "Why?"

"Because I don't want to have to use the restroom where some psycho female will follow me in there and start some shit, pissing me off where it'll cause you and me to fight."

He softly chuckled, kissed my lips, and smiled. "Don't worry, hun. If you need to use the ladies' room, I'll go with you and wait outside the door. That is, if you want me to. I'll even inspect the restroom before you head in there to ensure nobody is waiting inside for you, if that's what you'd like me to do as well."

That's so sweet of him. But I can't have him do that for me. It just makes me look like I'm weak.

"You won't have to do that. I think I can handle my own battles. I handled you, didn't I?" I reminded him, a smirk following my remark.

A stern look formed in his eye. "I want no issues, Eloise. If you have to use the ladies' room tonight, I will ensure you'll be okay, and no foolish woman will upset my girl. I didn't ask you to attend the gala with me for you to have to put up with women trying to stir the pot when it comes to me. I asked you to come along because I wanted you by my side, and you deserved to attend. This is your baby. You put this all together." He leaned forward, his nose touching mine as his eyes gazed heavily into mine. "You did that. You have every right to be here and enjoy your first time attending a gala—the one you put your heart and soul into. You also have every right to enjoy your night with me. Understood?"

It took me a minute to take in everything he said, and finally, I nodded.

He kissed my lips. "Good. Now let's enjoy the evening, educate everyone on epilepsy, and bring in all the donations we can to make this night a success."

Our door finally opened. Callum stepped out, then offered his hand to help me out of the limo, immediately enveloping his arm around me as we started making our way on the red carpet and through the mounds of the paparazzi, snapping pictures and shouting questions for Callum to answer.

"Who's the girl attached to your hip?"

"Is this your new girlfriend?"

"What's the woman's name?"

"Are you no longer the most hottest eligible billionaire bachelor in the United States?"

The paparazzi's questions spilled off their lips when we started walking away from our vehicle. Callum leaned to my ear, whispering, "Don't worry about answering any of their questions; I'll answer them. All I need you to do is stay by my side, smile, and proudly pose for them to take our photos."

Knowing Callum paid millions of dollars to keep his face off the Internet, and how I'm experiencing what I am now, and how he made things official with us, I'm curious if he'll allow them to post pictures of us on the Internet. Because if he wants everyone to know he's no longer a single man, show everyone I'm his girl and wants us to work out as he claims he does, he needs to show me to the world.

Curious to see what he'd say, I leaned to him, stretching my lips into a smile as I asked, "Are you going to allow them to post our pictures on the Internet? This time without faces being hidden?"

His head turned my way. "Is that what you want? Your face out there for everyone to see?"

Not really. But I do because it concerns Callum, and I'm his girl. And since I don't want to deal with women trying to throw themselves at him, I want the world to see he chose me to be his girl. "Yes."

"Then, abso-fucking-lutely, I'll allow it to happen." He leaned to my ear and whispered, "However, I want you to know that if, and I mean if, we ever have children, they will be blurred."