𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯... 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽𝘄𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱

Start from the beginning

the news that miss chatham had received regarding her eviction and her houseboat created a wave of emotions that she had trouble controlling. from stress to frustration that had overwhelmed the woman that it had caused her to collapse onto the floor of her houseboat with a hand on her chest.

the group had all met up at cleo's house as emma had informed them of the events that had gone down earlier today. they were sat on the staircase that led to the upstairs area of the sertori household where alexa was sat beside cleo as she rested her back against the wall.

"the ambulance guy said it could've been more serious." emma notified the group, referring to miss chatham who had suffered a heart attack after hearing the news that she was going to be evicted, "she'd stopped taking her medication."

"poor lady." cleo spoke up with a sad look on her face.

emma cut in, "her name is miss chatham." she told the sertori.

"well i'm just relieved that miss chatham is alright after suffering that heart attack." alexa chimed in with a small smile on her face.

"is she that weird old lady that lives on the boat?" lewis questioned from beside the gilbert with his arms crossed.

"yeah, that's her." emma confirmed, "how do you know her?" she inquired curiously.

lewis lightly shook his head, "no, i don't. i've just heard about her." he added, "she lives on that leaky old wreck. no friends. no family. all alone."

cleo pointed out to the group, "she's the one that seems to know all about the full moon and our powers... and our tails as well as lex's family who told us what they know of mako island."

"cleo has a point." alexa cut in, "my family told us all they know about mako island and about how every blessing came a curse. the full moon gave the three of you a power over water and a metamorphosis whenever you guys make contact with water but by the full moon gifting you a gift, the full moon had also cursed you three. that's all we know about the full moon so maybe miss chatham is the only one who could give us more information about this entire situation."

emma piped up, "i hate to say it but lex is right. we don't know anything else about what has happened to us and as much as i despise going to someone who knows our secret and who we do not know at all, we may not have any other choice." she turned to face lewis, "what else do you know about her, lewis?"

"some people say she's a witch." lewis replied, having heard the rumours that had gone around about miss chatham.

"and if they said she was an easter bunny, would you believe that?" rikki retorted as her eyes narrowed in disbelief at lewis. if mermaids exist, surely there would be the possibility that there were other supernatural creatures out there that remained in hiding that the group were unaware of. at this point, the group would have to remain open-minded of anything that came their way.

"there was a time i didn't believe in mermaids either." lewis shot back which the four girls couldn't help but exchange a look with one another as they shrugged their shoulders in agreement to the mccartney's words.

👑

THE FOUR GIRLS HAD COLLECTIVELY AGREED TO MEET UP AT THE GILBERT HOUSEHOLD THE NEXT DAY SO THAT THEY COULD DISCUSS THEIR NEXT STEPS REGARDING MISS CHATHAM. whilst cleo and emma have met her, that only left alexa and rikki left to meet her. whilst miss chatham seemed to know things that the four girls didn't, alexa didn't perceive her as a threat. if she knew that herself and her three friends were mermaids, she would've probably told the world a lot sooner and everyone would've discovered that mermaids exist which would put the entire mermaid faction at a risk of being science experiments.