The Aftermath (Part 2)

Out in the neighborhood, the sun just past its peak, shines brightly for the girls, who walk only as fast as they feel Fauna wants.

Mumei is being a little extra clingy and is holding hands with the Kirin.

Soaking in the sun, Kronii and Mumei notice that a little bit of color is finally returning to the Kirins face.

"Is there anywhere you would like to go, Fauna?" Kronii asks.

"You two are the ones that wanted me to come out here." Fauna complains.

"M-mumei?" Kronii asks, looking around jealous of the hand holding.

A soft "whooo" escapes Mumei's lips.  

Without really any warning Mumei suddenly pulls Fauna along. Seemingly with something in mind.

"M-mumei s-slow down" Fauna tries to plead. But the Owl seems determined for some reason.

Quickly Fauna grabs onto Kronii's hand wrapping her into the speed of the owl as well. She squeezes a little knowing that Kronii is already blushing a bit.

"You did that on purpose," Kronii says.

Fauna just smiles back at her

"I just know how you were feeling. . . I noticed" Fauna says.

Kronii just looks at her feet and grumbles as her face heats up a bit. 

After what seemed like forever and a lot farther then Fauna probably wanted to go.

The three girls end up at the end of their cityscape that they are used to.

What they see before then is a long line of trees. The edge of a forest.

"W-where are . . . We . . . M-mumei?" Fauna gets out through heavy breaths.

Still holding on to Fauna's hand Mumei doesn't really answer but tries to keep pulling them in the direction she wants to go.

Kronii musters all of her strength and pulls Fauna into her and grabbing Mumei by her tail feathers.

"H-hold ooooonnn!" Kronii says trying to stop the group. Also trying to catch her breath.

Kronii as well as Fauna bend over leaning on their knees trying to catch their breath. While Mumei just looks at them both and tilts her head.

"Whooo?"

After waiting for a few minutes, Mumei begins to tug on Fauna and Kronii and to keep on moving.

Reluctant but able to breathe properly again they allow for Mumei to drag them into the forest. 

Upon entering the sun that was once beaming down on them is barely noticeable. Just enough light does seem to leak through the treetops above lighting the way.

"Is this safe?" Kronii getting a little worried never have been here before

"Don't worry this is my domain" Fauna says, squeezing the Warden's hand a little harder.

At last Mumei seems to slow down and doesn't pull near as hard as she was before.

"W-where are we?" Kronii say's a little skittish. 

Suddenly the denseness of the forest clears a bit. The darkness that once engulfed the trio brakes.

The forest opens up to a wide clearing with a small pond in the middle.

The sun breaking down through the canopy reflects off the water causing a magical array of lights to dance along the trees.

"I-Its so pretty here Mumei" Fauna says, captivated by the scene in front of her.