The Aftermath (Part 1)

A few days have passed. Since the commotion over Sauna's good bye letter.

Sometime in the afternoon, Kronii makes her way slowly into Fauna's room.

She would have knocked but the group has yet to fix the door. It currently leans against the wall. With Mumei's footprint embedded in the middle.

The curtains are closed, preventing the sun from bleeding into the room.

Soft breathing can be heard coming from the bed, where Kronii sees Fauna still sleeping this late into the day.

She makes her way into the dark room and sits softly on the Kirin's bed.

Kronii puts her hand on Fauna's shoulder and gently shakes her awake.

"Faunaaaa,"

"You need to at least get up and eat okay?" she quietly says.

Kronii manages to roll Fauna onto her back. She notices her eyes are still puffy and red. The past few days the Kirin seems to have only gotten up to attend idol meetings. Her muffled crying heard into the night.

Fauna looks at Kronii with squinted eyes. 

Kronii places her hand on Fauna's cheek to wipe away the tears.

"I'm sorry" She whispers hoping the kirin doesn't hear her.

But the Kirins eyes begin to water as her hands feel the many bandages running along the Warden's arm. 

"Hey, hey, shhh" Kronii says, wiping the fresh tears from Fauna's eyes.

"It's okay, I am nearly healed, don't fret!" She tries to give Fauna a cheerful smile.

As well as making a strong arm pose with her free arm that is also covered in bandages.

"See all good. Almost perfect I would say" Kronii looks at the Kirin who returns a small smile.

"Can you sit up for me?" Kronii asks Fauna.

"Will you help me?" Fauna whispers almost too quietly to hear.

Grabbing Fauna's hands and gently pulling her up to a sitting position, Kronii embraces her.

"K-Kronii" Fauna suddenly gets flustered.

"I. . . I'm sorry Fauna" Kronii says not letting her go.

"I shouldn't have let Sana go so easily. . ." Kronii's voice begins to get shaky and she squeezes Fauna a little tighter.

Kronii loosening her grip just slightly, Fauna leans back and puts a hand on Kronii's cheek. Kronii's eyes are a little moist.

Kronii leans in to kiss Fauna on the forehead.

*Chu~*

"Break- well, lunch?" Kronii says beginning to stand up. She suddenly stops when she feels Fauna grab ahold of her clothes, preventing her from leaving.

"Don't worry, I won't leave you, I promise. Just like back in the old days, remember?" She holds her hand out for Fauna to grab on to.

Fauna lets go of Kronii's clothes and grabs on to her held out hand.

Kronii pulls Fauna out of bed onto her feet.

Kronii notices that Fauna is still in her pajamas, she tries to let go of her hand.

"Get dressed, I will be waiting just outside your door." Kronii says pointing towards the open entrance. 

As she tries to pull away she feels Fauna's grip get tighter and pull her back from leaving.