Hope still shines ◇

~×{Cassandra's Pov}×~

Mother is oddly infatuated with that new maid of ours. I mean sure she's almist as tall as mother and has a very soft spoken voice but her fate is the same as amy other worker in the castle.

To work until you are deemed useless and sent on your way to the cellar. But that woman did read to us and acted without hesitation when grabbing the blade of my sickle and moving it away from her neck. Now i'm only thinking of her ughh I need to torture something to get my mind off of this human.

___________________________________________

~•°{Nyx's Pov}°•~

Another day means another repeat of yesterday minus the reading to the daughters as I don't think they will appreciate me leaving at the end of my break again when I was reaching a good part of the story.

Getting dressed and allowing one of the younger maids to do my hair was always one of the calmest parts of the day even though it didn't last long as all the maids shuffled out apart from the one's that had just arrived back from the night duties which I was scheduled to do next week and I couldn't dread it anymore than I did.

Walking into the kitchen I made some breakfast for whoever had time to eat and it was easy non-messy food that they could take with them at any time needed put to the side on a small plate which the maids thanked me for.

I was cleaning some pans and cutlery that had been used to cook parts of the Dimitrescu's breakfast which always consisted of so much food that was always somehow finished completely but no time to wonder over food when there is so much to do in a day.

___________________________________________

《Hours Later》

Back to dusting the library which was one of my favorite jobs given as I could be at one with the peace and smell of the books littering the endless shelves.

I was pulled out of silence as the door to the library opened gracing the sound of buzzing and footsteps but I ultimately ignored it and continued working until I was finished and it was my break again so I walked through the maze of bookcases and made it to the main area to be greeted by a most surprising sight.

All 3 of the Dimitrescu daughters sat in front of the place that I had read to them yesterday but I just shrugged it off and continued walking. I stopped and slightly froze at the feeling of someone's hand grabbing mine as I looked down at thr youngest Dimitrescu who had a pout on her lips as she spoke.

"We want you to continue reading the book..." I was quite shocked at that as she started to pull me towards the lounge but wasn't having much luck so I followed her pulling and sat down picking up the book and placing it in my lap.

Lady Bela then chimed in as I looked at them slightly apprehensively as I wasn't expecting to do this again. "We won't threaten you to continue after your break is done but you stopped reading just as the book was getting good".

I hummed and surveyed their faces before sighing and opening the book as I continued from where we left off in the journey yesterday. I didn't even notice as Daniela had climbed onto the lounge and leaned against the left side of me as I read but I couldn't care much as they enjoued my reading until the clock chimed and that meant my break was over which I closed the book to right before the major battle was meant to start and that got some annoyed groans and reactions out of the girls who I realised had surrounded me on the lounge with Bela behind Daniela and Cassandra on my right.

"You will have to wait until tomorrow to hear the rest as I have to go prepare your dinner My Lady's" That's before Daniela shot up and stood infront of us as if blocking my way out as she paced back and forth before snapping her fingers like she just figured out the cure for cancer.