Priorities

Suddenly they all heard a thud. As their gaze went to the source of sound they found Madhu dropped on the floor. They all ran to her and RK was the first one to reach her.

"Madhu.. Madhu wake up.." he said to her patting her cheek scared to loose her. The only one he could deem as his purely.

As Padmini was about to hold her daughter, RK lifted his hand at her gesturing her to stop. Padmini stopped midway realizing what he meant. She looked at them with worry and pain. RK picked Madhu up and took her to her room and Malik called up the doctor.

Malik and RK roamed in the room restlessly worried for her. While Padmini peeked through the door to check on her.

The doctor came soon and checked her.

"How is she?" Malik asked seeing the doctor get up from the chair.

"Well I dont think its something serious. Was she in some stress?" He asked.

"Yes.. we are going through a hard time doctor.. will she be fine?" Malik asked and RK looked at them from the other side of the bed.

"Take care of her.. I have given her a sedative. She sould be fine in a few hours.. but if there is a problem you can call me up for sure.." the doctor said patting his shoulder and walked away.

Malik looked at RK. They both didnt know how to react to each other. Be relaxed for Madhu's safety or cry for Padmini's betrayal.

Malik sat down on the chair on the side of the bed..

"Life plays cruel games.." Malik said lookibg at the floor trying to console him.

"Its a bit too cruel to me.." RK said with sarcastic laugh.

Malik too broke into a mirthless smile.

"Did you really think I would hurt Madhu?" RK asked after a while of an awkward silence.

"You actually believed that I could kill my friend.." Malik accused him back.

RK took in a deep breath hearing him as he nodded his head.

"That night was very difficult for me.." RK said as if trying to excuse himself.

"Yes.. that night was very difficult.." Malik said remembering his own.

RK looked up at him realizing what he meant. It must have been equally pain for Malik to have his friends killed right infront of him but not do anything.

"Though Madhu is my priority for now.. but.. where is this Bhatia now?" RK asked as the anger again started to shape up.

"He is dead and gone.." Malik replied back still looking at the floor.