Acceptance

"Rishu.." Madhu called out to him bringing him out of his thoughts. RK looked at her.

"Papa was here..." Madhu said to him looking at the floor. Suddenly RK felt his heartbeats stop. What he feared the whole day had already happened. Had Malik came and told Madhu what he told him.

"Why?" RK could just utter that much as  he tried to quickly consider all the possible moves he can make further.

"I dont know.. I didnt meet him.. but I saw his car outside the mansion's boundary.."

RK almost took a breath of relief and nodded his head.

"He was here just after you went away. I thought he would come in but he didnt." Madhu told him.

That's when RK realized that Madhu had seen his car that time only when Malik had given him the offer.

"I have told the security not to let him enter.. and biwi.. You wont meet him too.. even though he is your father but now you are my wife and I cant tolerate my wife being in any kind of touch with that man." RK said to her looking at her strictly.

Madhu nodded her head. She realizzed that had it been some other situation then she would have been greatly offended by this unfair ruling over her like she was some property but here Malik was the one who was wrong and he had brought her in this position that she could hardly say anything for herself or her father. She closed her eyes to absorb the pain that her father had given her.

After some time Madhu was adjusting her cupboard when RK entered the room in a fast stride.

"Biwi.." he said as he stood in front of her. "Pack our stuff.."

"Pack our stuff? Why?" madhu asked confused..

"though I dont like being questioned but still I would answer this one.. We are going to hong kong.." RK said casually though in a much happier tone.

"Hong kong?!" Madhu exclaimed at the sudden revelation.

"Yes.. Why are you so shocked?"

"See Rishu.." Madhu said cooling herself down as she stepped forward. "Aren't you taking this marriage thing a bit too seriously?"

RK was suddenly taken off track hearing her. He looked at her baffled as to what does this have to do anything with their marriage. And then her question struck him. "I have been serious about this marriage from the first second." He stated the obvious though still confused at her sudden reference to the topic.

"I know.. but see.. I have started thinking about all of it only recently.. and its too early for me.. let me get accustomed to the idea first then we could go on a honeymoon.. or any trip you say.." Madhu said the last part without looking at his face as she felt uncomfortable.

Thats when RK realized that his intelligent dumbo had read more than what actually was present. He was on the verge of bursting out into a laughter but then he controlled himself as he decided to play along.

"But Madhu.. I planned this for us... And its been a month.. how long would you take to accept a simple marriage?." he said to her.

"I can understand Rishu.. But I have always seen you as my friend.. I love you but I dont know in what way exactly.. all these feelings cropping up in me are just too new for me to handle.." Madhu said innocently as she didnt want anything to hide from her best freind. "I am still discovering them.."

"What feelings Madhu?" RK asked getting mesmerized by her innocent confession.

"I can't explain Rishu.. and I dont even have anyone to confirm or ask as to what all this is.." Madhu said shrugging helplessly.