8) Seekers

Out in the field Gryffindor first years and Slytherin first years stood in two rows opposite of each other. Rows of brooms laid out in front of us. I stood across from Harry with Melody at my right and Malfoy at my left. Madame Hooch walked down the center of the lines. Her silver hair and yellow eyes stood out amongst the students.

"Good afternoon, class." She addressed the group of students.

"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch." We all said in sync. Malfoy remained quiet like the arse hole he is.

"Good afternoon, Amanda, good afternoon." She addressed a specific student whom she must have known personally. She gets to the end of the rows and spins around. "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick." Everyone meandered to stand next to a broom. "Come on now, hurry up." She rushed the class. Once everyone was next to a broom she began. "Stick your right hand over the broom and say, up!" She explained.

"Up!" The whole class said. I noticed Harry's and Malfoy's brooms immediately flew to their hands. I stared at my broom and took a deep breath, trying to focus on the broom itself and drown out the class.

"Up!" I demanded. The broom flew to my hand so fast that the wind blew my hair back. "Woah!" I exclaimed as I almost flew back from the force.

"With feeling!" Madame Hooch tried to help out. I noticed that Hermione's broom was slowly rising and laughed when I saw Ron get hit in the face with his broom. Melody managed to get it on the second try and we both stood there waiting for everyone to finish.

•~•~•~•~•~•

Finally, everyone had their brooms in their hands.

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end." The class kicked their legs over their brooms and mounted them. I gripped my broom tight in anticipation. "When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down." I nodded and focused on her countdown, ready to take off. "On my whistle...3...2..." Madame Hooch blew her whistle and I took off and hovered. I didn't have time to land back down because I noticed a Gryffindor boy, Neville, flew a little higher than what he should have.

"Oh..." he looked scared and unsure of how to stop flying higher.

"Mr. Longbottom." Madame Hooch tried to figure out how to help. The rest of the class started to call after him.

"Neville, what are you doing?"

"Neville...Neville..."

"We're not supposed to take off, yet."

"M-M-Mr. Longbottom! Mr. Longbottom!" Everyone was being highly unhelpful and it was making me frustrated.

"AHH!" Neville screamed in fear.

"Mr. Longbottom!" Madame Hooch shouted after him. Once again being highly unhelpful.

"Down! Down! Ahhhh!" Neville tries to reason with the broom but suddenly goes rocketing through the field.

"Neville!" I heard Harry call after him.

"Help!!!" Neville's cries spurred me on and I flew after him.

"Y/n!" I heard Harry and some others call after me.

"Come back down this instant!" Madame Hooch demanded. I ignored her and continued after Neville.

"AHH!" Neville was completely out of control. His broom bounced off the brick walls and flew right past me back towards the class. I spun around and continued after him.