5) Hogwarts

When I finished getting dressed the train had stopped. I hurried to exit the changing rooms and find Harry again. I was in such a rush that I ended up running into someone.

"Oof!" Me and the person grunted. I looked up at the person and saw a boy around my height with platinum-blond hair and silvery blue eyes.  "Sorry," I said and stepped back.

"Can't you watch where you're going!?" The boy raged at me. This took me aback as I had already apologized to him.

"Excuse me?"

"Are you deaf? I said, can't you watch where you're going?" Anger began to flare up inside of me and I knew that I wasn't going to get out of this without blowing up at him in some way shape or form.

"I heard you just fine. Perhaps you're the deaf one considering that I already apologized and unless I've seriously injured you in some way shape or form there's really no need to get your panties in such a twist." I sassily retorted. Sass and anger were some of my best defenses when it came to bullies. The boy gritted his teeth and clenched his fists, his eyes looked like bubbling pools of hot silver ready to be poured on some unsuspecting person, most likely me. 

"Just who do you think ..." He took half a step towards me and was cut off when someone called out my name.

"Y/n, there you are." I turned my back on the boy causing him to make a noise out of what I could only assume was surprise. Hermione was walking my way. "Everyone's leaving, let's go." She grabbed my arm and pulled me towards an exit and away from the angry male who still stood behind me. When we got off I heard a familiar voice calling all first years over. I smiled and took the lead through the crowd of kids, pulling Hermione with me to get to the front. At the front, Hagrid stood towering over all the kids with a lamp in his hand. When we got up there I noticed Harry and Ron greeting Hagrid.

"Harry! Hagrid!" I called. The two boys turned to see me and Hermione. Harry smiled and ran up to me.

"Y/n! There you are!" He hugged me with one arm and I hugged him back. When I pulled away I saw him carrying my book.

"My book!" I exclaimed. Harry looked at my book and then back to me.

"Oh yeah! You left it in the compartment and when I didn't see you when the train stopped I took it with me. Here you go." He handed me my book.

"Thanks," I said.

" 'Ello, Y/n," Hagrid said. I looked up and saw Hagrid approaching. "Where have you been?" Hagrid asked.

"I was changing into my robes with Hermione here." I gestured to the girl standing next to me. She smiled and waved at Hagrid.

"Hello. Hermione Granger." Hermione held her hand out to Hagrid.

" 'Ello, Hermione." Hagrid shook Hermione's hand gently then turned to me. "It's nice to see that you and Harry are making some friends already," Hagrid said. I smiled and locked arms with Hermione. Hagrid turned around and addressed the whole group. "All right, first years, this way to the boats." He turned and walked away towards the water.

•~•~•~•~•~•

Hogwarts was huge and beautiful. Me, Hermione, Harry, and Ron shared a boat on the way to Hogwarts and we all walked together up the stairs. I stood by Hermione behind Harry and Ron leaning on the railing next to me. At the top of the stairs there stood a woman in green robes wearing a very pointy hat.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." She began "Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." It seemed like she was finished but I was distracted by a croaking in front of me. I looked down just as a young boy jumped forward and grabbed a toad.